$200 Protein skimmer. Help

scottnlisa

I need a protein skimmer for a 125 gallon tank. I have about $200 to spend little more if need be. Any suggestions?

bmkj02

Make sure its the 2009+ model. Some places are still selling the old ones. The new ones are NWB-150 or 200. I got one a few months ago (NWB-150) for $175 including shipping.

fishfreek

I use the octopus BH300F on my 75g and paid like $175 a few months ago for it. For a hang on, its a real beast! I believe it is rated for a 135g but it my work for you if your bioload is not real heavy. I highly recommend this skimmer if you are not looking for a sump model.

scottnlisa

Originally Posted by fishfreek
http:///forum/post/3215691
I use the octopus BH300F on my 75g and paid like $175 a few months ago for it. For a hang on, its a real beast! I believe it is rated for a 135g but it my work for you if your bioload is not real heavy. I highly recommend this skimmer if you are not looking for a sump model.
When I did a google search for this skimmer, google produced 2 different skimmers under the same name. Which BH300F is the true one? Can you post a pic or describe what it looks like? Thanks

I would pass on the Coralife skimmers. For not too much more you can get a much better skimmer. Just my opinion of course. I'm currently using a coralife superskimmer 125 on my 46 and it doesn't really pull out that much skimmate. I also had to mod it to stop micro bubbles.

chilwil84

in your range the octo is your best bet, if you want to spend more the bermuda rouge (may find a used one available if you look)