210 from 75 project

doodle1800

Work in progress.
Moved all inhabitants into a borrowed 72 bow front for now - will transfer into 210 when ready.
By the way - the 75 and 72 bow front will need owners soon.

grubsnaek

looking good. def a big a$$ tank....im guessing reef. so what equipment will you run. lights,sump,skimmer,etc,etc......and those are different drains from the usual

doodle1800

210 gal reef
lights - 3 -250watt 20k MH's with 2-96 watt 50/50's
sump is self made with a filter sock, bio balls in the middle (don't fret, they are coming out in a week.).
the sump pump is external pulling the water from the sump and returning to pad and bio ball chamber with a valve top bypass if wanted.
I have 2 closed loops for circulation.
Skimmer brand is unknown to me as it was given to me with no brand name on it. I'll get a pic later.
crushed coral bottom (nip it you sand fans).
The 72 does not have all the LR in it, I have a large tub with more, should be good for a 210.
The filter plumbing is all gravity to the sump.

doodle1800

Here's my control system.
This was designed by me earlier this year. I am using a touch screen with a PLC controller inside the Key West style kiosk that a friend of mine made.
The controller monitors temperature and PH for now, and controls all the lighting.
In the future I will add water top off and other ideas.
It also has information for people to read about the fish and inverts.
This is in a dentists office.

btwk12

have u ever had a tank with crushed coral?i have had mine set up for about 7-8 months and i hate it. it looks good when its clean but u have to vacum it out all the time and it stirs the tank all up and itlooks like crap. but it looks like u know what ur doing so good luck it looks nice so far. And is that tap water ur pumping into ur tank?

doodle1800

you bet - tap water, never had a problem ever. Been doing salt water since 1977.
crushed coral - I like a very thin layer of it, I agree it looks good new and gets brown. But I hate sand or aggregate because it blows around too much for my liking. I almost like no substrate.

nwdyr

That is one cool azzz set up!!! Love the Info center , you can prob. patent that and sell the idea

grubsnaek

jints are slang for the Giants......here in Jersey they are also reffered to as the jints
edit:8:04p.m. jints win...

deejeff442

killer set up.i live in fort worth a stones throw to dallas .luckily i grew up in buffalo so i am used to disapointment.cant see the cowboys beating the giants today.i have a 150 gallon and just found a 220 gallon for sale for 400 dollars.very tempting.