210 gal set up !

fsu230263

Hello everyoe ! Needing help on picking equipment for a new tank & info ! i've been out of the hobbie about 2 yrs now & so much have change since then . I have owned a 125 gal reef tank before , So I know basic but its just so much new equipment out there now , ok I'm looking for your opinions on 1 sump name brand ,2 T5s or MH 3 protein skimmer brands . Tank size is 72x24x30 210gal with stand & possible canopy

nikesb

Sump: have one built custom if you can. for this i think advance acrylics does some of the nicest and cleanest jobs around. you can also have a glass one made to your specs for a decent deal.
t5 brand: ATI, nothing light it and with 30" depth it will be the only one that will penetrate and still put out crazy lighting on the bottom of your tank
MH: i dont like all in one fixture for mh. if you go mh, choose some galaxy ballasts with lumenmax elite or lumentbright reflectors
skimmer brands: reef octopus, swc, avast marine.
consider a DIY led set up, it will save you money in the long run

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeSB http:///forum/thread/384905/210-gal-set-up#post_3373585
Sump: have one built custom if you can. for this i think advance acrylics does some of the nicest and cleanest jobs around. you can also have a glass one made to your specs for a decent deal.
t5 brand: ATI, nothing light it and with 30" depth it will be the only one that will penetrate and still put out crazy lighting on the bottom of your tank
MH: i dont like all in one fixture for mh. if you go mh, choose some galaxy ballasts with lumenmax elite or lumentbright reflectors
skimmer brands: reef octopus, swc, avast marine.
consider a DIY led set up, it will save you money in the long run
Agree.

fsu230263

Thanks guy for you support & yes I'm planning on the custom built sump tank , the reef octapus skimmer I'm also looking to buy , just dont know which one such as a NWB ,EXTREME SERIES OR RECIRCULATING skimmer , I also decide to go with the MH bec. of the dept of the tank ,Again THANKS

acrylic51

Look into their cone series skimmers by Reef Octopus. If you contact Reef Specialty or Premium Aquatics they should give good advice as far as sizing goes!!!!

1snapple

Hmmm. I would highly concider LEDs for your tank. DIY of course. PM and I can give a build a friend of mine did for his 210.
It is absolutely incredible the colors.