210?

adio_54

ohh alright lol i knew it would be up there i just got mine... but its being delivard.. i tryed picking up a 180 lol no way that was gonna happen

peter1215

Originally Posted by joncat24
right at 400 lbs empty...my 180 weighs 360 empty
i just got my new 210g tank yesterday. just planning on building the stand now. Im nervous about it b/c ive never built a stand before.
hey Joncat
would you happend to have the plans for your stand?

joncat24

no plans...i just measured it and started cutting. There are alot of pics in the photo section under "new 180 in the works" at least you can see what i did. Hope it helps ya

peter1215

nice pics jon, so what size tank if any are you setting up in your new house? I will start building the stand for my 210 tomorrow. what height did you make your stand? I'm debating between 30"-34" to make sure an potential large skimmer fits. I currrently use a reef devil delux. I believe you have one of these. was it enough for a 210?
thanks
Peter

joncat24

the bottom of my tank is at 42" . Nice viewing height for in wall. I dont know about the reef devil being enuf on a 210...right at the limit. As long as it is not overstocked and you are running a mag 7 on it it should be ok.
If and when I move, If I sell my 180 that will be it for the big tanks, I still got a 29 gal in my bedroom.

peter1215

wow, your stand is 42" high! that must look awesome .. so i should be ok going 34" high then. the 210g tank is 29 high and I was afraid of putting it on high stand with the fear of it tippiing over!