$$$$$$

nygel

how much did everyone pay for their clowns? I paid $12 for my false perc and didn't think they got much more than that... maybe like $30 for some... but I was at this place that had like everything there (several rare clowns, forgot the names....forgot to take pics to :() but they had true black percs, true percs, onyx clowns for $100 a pair each.... (wouldnt sell individual i think) but I was thinkin of getting a black one and i was curious to see if that is the normal price or if they were overpriced

threed240

$100 a pair is about average. My LFS charges $109 a pair for the onyx perc's. I paid $19 for one of my Oc's, and the next week I paid $25 for one Oc. They ordered these in from another dealer.

zanoshanox

There's onyl one pet store around my location thats sells the black percs and they want about 35 bucks a pop for them. Not too bad if you ask me..

viper_930

$100 for a pair of true black onyx percs (not SI black percs) is very cheap! Wild caught usually cost from $150 on up to usually 200. Even captive breds cost about $140.
Black ocellaris are around $40, as they are sold here at saltwaterfish.com.
BTW, there's no such thing as a black true percula. It's either a SI black perc, black onyx perc, black ocellaris, or black A. polymnus.
Not all clowns are as cheap as a false perc.

nygel

I'm curious, I kno mixing clowns isn't recommended...BUT, can i have a normal orange Oc's with a black and white Oc's in the same tank?

laddy

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
Not all clowns are as cheap as a false perc.
And not all clowns are as enjoyable as ocellaris, either. :jumping: :jumping:
Happy 4th of July!!

nygel

well, mine died from my frogspawn (seriously... wtf?) so my question is ..... get anotehr ocellaris? or get some true percs? cuz i like the little amount of black that they sport on them, but do they act almost the same? cuz i still want a peaceful tank that has enjoyable fish that just sorta hang out and so on, so are true percs just as enjoyable as a Oc's? and which has a better change of hosting in my killer frogspawn?

iluvreefs

I've got a mated pair of OC's and my LFS sold them to me for $35. I've got to say that they are one of the few places that have not tried to "take me for all I'm worth"...which right now is not saying much. Anyone with a salt or reef tank will understand cause we're always broke from buying this or that. Anyway, I used to work at one of the other LFS and they know it too. I get the same catalogs they do so they know I know the prices of things as well. Good luck to you.

nygel

so i had an Oc's... will i notice a big difference if i snatch a true percula instead of another Oc's? Any differnces besides color? and True percs being a little smaller? and which would be more likeyl to host frogspawn, Oc's or True Percs?