24 gallon Aquapod any good?

jimmy 4

I was just wondering if anyone has had any expirence with a 24 Gallon, 150W HQI Metal Halide Auqapod System
Is the lighting good enough, or are actinics needed?
This is the light it comes with
A sunpod with 1-14000°K HQI Metal Halide light, 6 blue and 6 white LED lights

clay12340

If I were to buy another nano that would be the tank I would get.
Actinics arn't commonly used alongside a 14k bulb. A bulb of that color temp already emits a bluish light. It is sort of a matter of personal preference as to which color you go with. 20k and up will be more blue. 10k and lower will be more white.
Actinics won't hurt anything if you want to add them. They will give your tank more of a blue look and make certain colors shine more, but they arn't a requirement.

kjohansen

I have a 24 gallon Aquapod 150 HQI. Works really well and I like it. Mine has been running for about 8 weeks now. I did do a couple modifications that you can read about in my thread about the AP.

jimmy 4

thanks for the info. I plan on buying the tank. Ive alway wanted MH's. I have a 30 long with pc's right now, but i want a clam. I also am not a huge fan of the dimensions of a 30 long..... way too skinny.

reef diver

Lol, good Choice, I really wish id gone with the JBJ deluxe, oh well, Ill just get relatives to pitch in so I can get a nanocustoms 72 watt pc upgrade :O Or maybe halides for my 55???? lol, good luck w/ thta system be nice to see how it devs