24" Nova Extreme T5 HO 4x24W ???

marka1620

I was thinking of new lighting instead of my stock fixture that came with my tank.
I was interested in the 24" Nova Extreme T5 HO 4x24W. I have a 47g tall tank measuring 30" deep. Currently it is filled with LR/LS with fish only. If I was to go with the T5s, what could I expect to keep in this tank as far as corals and inverts?
Thanks

bemrocs

what are some LPS that you should not try to keep? I just put a 36" 4x39w nova extreme on my 44g, so I would like to know. thanks!

Originally Posted by bemrocs
what are some LPS that you should not try to keep? I just put a 36" 4x39w nova extreme on my 44g, so I would like to know. thanks!
Any LPS thats photosynthetic and needs to be on the bottom like some Brains(.i.e.Lobophyllia)perhaps Elegants and Fungia.Not saying its impossible,just be weary and maybe do some research on the corals you want to keep.

jdog5578

Originally Posted by bemrocs

I am thinking about getting that same light. How do you like it?

bemrocs

after switching from 3 quite old T-12's they are very bright! im still breaking them in, so they are only on for a couple hours per day at the moment. I literaly just recieved them. just curious Jdog, what size tank would you be putting them on? Another thing, my tank is only 16-18" deep (cant remember exactly), should I stil stay away from lower level LPS?

triggerfre

Actually you should be able to keep almost any lps in your tank with that light. You can even keep some sps if you put them at the top of the tank. The t5 ho light are the closet thing that you can get to mh without having a mh. There are alot of people that keep lps and sps and clams with t5 ho and have no problems and great growth. You should go to reef central and read up on t5 ho owners over there.

ibew

the big problem is your tank is really tall so I wouldn't suggest you can keep anything IMO I would keep LPS up higher not the top or on the bottom. if your just starting out with coral I would suggest to try out zoos, shrooms, leathers very good starting out coral all can have awsome color if you look for the right specimans

bears

I am going to put an order for one in 2 days and would a 24" fit on my 20 gal. it is 24" long 12"wide/deep
and sense it is such a short tank could I keep some sps in it up at the top like staghorn?