$250 Camera Budget...What should I get.

cpg

I have a $250 budget for a new camera, and I was wondering what suggestions I could get for closeups on corals and fish that would turn out OK...

J

jrthomas40

my suggestion would be to send the $250 to me and i will buy one for you :)

T

tizzo

Find a good camera, regardless of the price and scout for one at a pawn shop (not a camera shop, they charge as much for used as new). Haggle with them they usually have no idea what cameras are worth.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2552202
Find a good camera, regardless of the price and scout for one at a pawn shop (not a camera shop, they charge as much for used as new). Haggle with them they usually have no idea what cameras are worth.

man i never thought about going to pawn shops for a camera

T

tizzo

Nobody ever thinks about the pawn shops, but I cruise them all the time just for fun. They have cameras, generators, playstation stuff... all kinds of fun stuff in them thar pawn shops.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by CPG
http:///forum/post/2552211
brand names??? models????
I have a Fuji finepix s7000 and it is awesome!! incredibly user friendly, and convenient. But I think it's a couple years old.
My hubby just bought that NIkon Rebel, and although the shots are awesome, he has to change lenses for everything! With the right lenses, it can capture the best of any shot, but to switch out your telephoto to your macro in a moments notice cause you wanna catch your linkia swallow a zoo plankton is not gonna happen! He'll be spitting it back out by the time your camera ready.

natclanwy

I will reccomend a Canon powershot S3 and it is right in your price range $249 shipped. I have the Powershot S2 and have taken about 15,000 pictures with it and has been a great camera just upgraded to a 30D though. The S3 is essentially the same camera with a few extra bells and whistles but for an extra $70 you could get the Powershot S5 which is a much better camera. These cameras are probably some of the most versital P&S cameras around since it has a 12x optical zoom so you can zoom in on your subject when your outside, then walk inside and take macro pics of your tank at about 3" from the end of the lens without changing lenses or using a different camera. I can post some pics if you would like to see some from the S2.

wade163

I have an Olympus Stylus 770SW...and its an underwater camera too...so you can get it wet...have water on your hands...no Problem. It is waterproof up to 33 ft. I work at a summer camp...and MAN this waterproof camera is THAT DEAL....it was bout 349...but that was about a year and a half ago. It was/ is well worth the money!...just my .02