250 watt ballast

S

slednecks

250 watt Cool Touch ballast, nothing wrong with it I have a 20 gal. tank now and 250 watts is to much for it. Im asking $100. I live in chacago suberbs so if you would like to meet somewhere just say so...... thanks

S

slednecks

just the ballast, its really nice looking( chrome exterrior)

S

slednecks

yah, ill give you a price soon on shipping if you want...

S

slednecks

Villa Park.........if your really interested ill post a picture later..

thegrog

Howdy neighbor!!!

I am interested in it.
Is your tank a 20 long? If so, I have a custom hood with 175w of MH and 65w of PC actinic. Perhaps we could arrange some sort of trade?

S

slednecks

I have a 20 high but i dont know maybe some how I can make it fit....

thegrog

Originally Posted by slednecks
I have a 20 high but i dont know maybe some how I can make it fit....
Hmmmmmm...... :thinking:
Don't know if it would fit. You would loose a lot of light, BUT the reflector is only 20" so perhaps it would work. Never thought to try it.
Dimensions are 12x30 at the base so think about how it might work.
That may take an in-person try to see if it would work.
Let me know.

thegrog

Originally Posted by VERO
i have a aqua medic light and not the ballast would this work for it.. veroregueira@msn.com thanks

Aren't most AquaMedic lights DE (HQI) bulbs? If so, this ballast may not work.

S

slednecks

Is there any way to take apart the bulb, wires and ballast.. or else I dont really know what to tell you b/c if there not gonna fit there no use in trading..

A

agb1

I am very intrested. I have a single and a dual cool touch ballast that are a couple of years old, one just went out and I need another. Let me know if it is still available.

S

slednecks

It is still very much avalible due to the previous offer not really working out for me...But anyone who still is interested just ask any questions you have about it...