250g stocklist & order

gilpil

Ok, This is a stocklist that I hope to get up and running in a 250g aggressive. They are also in the order that I would add them.
Longhorned Cowfish
Valentini Puffer
Emperor Angel (not sure whether Juvenile or adult)
Harlequin Tusk
Humu Humu Trigger
Does this look alright and should I change the order. I know I am taking a risk with the Cowfish, but I think it is worth it, but I would like to hear comments on it.
Also, what are the opinions about the Emperor? Juv. or adult? Compatibility? Thanks.

harlequinnut

Actually, your list really isn't a "aggressive" list. I would say a semi-agg would be more suitable. I would add the angel last, imo, the emperor is the most aggressive in your list. Get a juvi - sub-adult and add it last. The huma and harle really isn't as aggressive as most people think. Keep in mind when the angel changes from juvenile to adult, the color may not be as vibrant as expected and the emperor is one on the most disease prone angel.

gilpil

I was thinking the smallest adult I could find as far as the angel goes, but why would the juvenile emperor be more beneficial?

harlequinnut

They tend to acclimate to the aquarium better, plus most adults I've seen in my LFS usually comes with parasites or disease or some sort of blemish while the majority of juveniles just look so much better appearance and health wise. This is just my observation, maybe someone else can chime in.

gilpil

actually I have heard that it is very hard to acclimate an adult emperor to and aquarium, so very good point, thank you. So does anyone have any pictures comparing how an aquarium raised adult emperor would turn out compared to a emperor that was caught as an adult?