28g JBJ HQI Nanocube

kevin34

just wondering if anyone has this tank. Is it any good? I am looking into possibly getting a nano and this one was first on my list.

kevin34

ok thanks. wow nano section gets some quick responses haha. I have noticed this section and the aquriums are the only 2 places getting any attention since the whole auction thing

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2836694
ok thanks. wow nano section gets some quick responses haha. I have noticed this section and the aquriums are the only 2 places getting any attention since the whole auction thing
haha NANO section is the place to be man! u shoulda known that by now. lol if ur tank build thread was in here it woulda had like 2000+ post by now lol
Plus we post the most pics around here!

subielover

That is the truth!! The JBJ tank is a nice setup, coral keeper has a great tank like mentioned above. Finnex tanks are also great for around the same kind of money, as well as solanas. Or you could build your own ADA tank, IMO for how much that tank costs there are definitely other tanks out there to consider. Of course I really don't think you could go wrong with the JBJ

kevin34

hmmmmm anyone know how much power this tank sucks up? Just wondering because if I run a vacuum in my room, the circuit blows haha. Wondering if my room can handle another tank.

premilove

i just set up a nano in my room, kinda in a mini cycle. i also have a 29 hex sitting in my room with all my zoas. it has a 150 watt MH clamp on. the jbj 28 also has a 150 watt. i kept them both on today and man was it bright in here. 2 14K bulbs! i kinda do not want to take the risk of both of them set up, so i am moving my zoas to my nano, and prob selling the hex..
def get the jbj 28 gal. i love it!

kevin34

Originally Posted by premilove
http:///forum/post/2838287
i just set up a nano in my room, kinda in a mini cycle. i also have a 29 hex sitting in my room with all my zoas. it has a 150 watt MH clamp on. the jbj 28 also has a 150 watt. i kept them both on today and man was it bright in here. 2 14K bulbs! i kinda do not want to take the risk of both of them set up, so i am moving my zoas to my nano, and prob selling the hex..
def get the jbj 28 gal. i love it!
ya i have my 125 in my room with 2 250w 15K bulbs along with all the heaters, skimmer, return pump, and powerheads and my QT is also in there. Not sure if it can handle another tank haha. Oh well I will just have to put it in the living room haha

psf

Kevin,
Just got mine set up about two months ago. I can highly recommend this nano. I have looked at some of the others, but I wanted the MH lighting. I am hoping someone will come out with the same concept around 60 gal. I like the all-in-one concept. I did everything by the book. LR and LS and the whole deal...it never cycled...that I could tell anyway. Waited about two weeks and put in a small CUC and just fed them. (Got so excited when I saw my first Aiptasia that I was spot feeding it...same with my first bristle worm)...I am very new at this and as an ex-biology teacher...I love all things living! The only down side I can say is that you will prob need a chiller. Temps will vary 4 to 5 degrees...this is somewhat stressful for your tank. Put the chiller in your budget!