29 gal. tank

percman

i am thinking about getting a 29 and i realize stuff happens much fasster and it gets full much faster but i think if i go bigger i will have to skimp on everything and i dont wanna do that........can you give me some advice .........thanks
jon

tonylip

I started my first reef with a 29 I equiped it with everything I would need for a 100+ tank and it was kind of high $$ but I am having the time of my life with it!! I havent had any life loss yet. I do recomend a big sump so the volume of water is up. I can see why bigger is better. trying to control evaporation well can be tought it alone is a full time job. So many variables, skimmer; temp.; ac on or off; to name a few to get out for a few days is almost impossable. I love it anyway!

mr . salty

If thats what you can afford,then go for it.I started with a 40 and it was fine. I've still got it up and running.Just take it slow.You can always upgrade later.Then you'll have two tanks,or one show tank and a large hosp/QT tank. Plus while you enjoy your first tank,you can take the time to really plan out the upgrade. everyone has to start out with something.......STEVE

clownfish

I will get a 55 in September. My parents are buying me the lighting. If they weren't, I would have to get a 55 FO....LOL. But it will still cost me 700-800 big bucks. If you can, get a 55 or larger. A 29 will quickly be full of fish. It's tougher to overstock a 55, and there's a ton more room for corals and other animals.

N

niteshift

I don't know about that seems like my 55 got full pretty quick.
Chelle