29 gallon Salt Water

blueram

Hi everyone!

I finally set up my first SW Tank 10 days ago...
It took me a while to post pictures because I lent my camera to a friend and he just returned it today. It took me a couple of months to decide what tank size to get.
29 gallon (30"X12"18")
Coralife Power compact 130watts
30lbs of Live Rock (Tonga and Fiji)
40lbs of Live Sand
2 Rio Power Heads
Heater
Aquaclear Filter
4 Blue Leg Crabs
2 Snails
2 Blue/Yellow Damsels

what do you guys think? There are 30 lbs of live rock and am thinking about getting some more to create a wall on the right side.
cheers
D

halo_frk03

nice rock work,,, hope it will stay up... ya a little more rock wouldnt hurt... what are you planning for the tank
?

blueram

I didn't have to cycle the tank because It had already been running for almost 6 months. I bought it from a guy who didn't have the time to look after it anymore. I bought it all from him (fish,liverock, live sand..etc) I paid $250dlls Canadian for the whole set up :)
The plan is to get a pair of Clown Fish, 1 Cardinal Banggai, 1 Yellow Watchman Goby and possibly a Bicolor Blenny..these are my favourite fish..and then slowly I will get some soft corals....
I will do all the above slowly..so don't worry...am not going to buy all the fish at once...one by one and checking the water parameter to find out if I can add the rest.
cheers
Daniel

30-xtra high

not that bad a price..., and i'm gunna give you some advice... get the damsils out a.s.a.p! i know they're nice pretty and friendly now, but they lose they're color, and get viciously territorial, if you don't get them out fast and add more live rock you're never going to be able to catch them...

blueram

Thanks for the advice...I have been talking to a few people to see who takes the Damsels. I do not want them in my tank but I had no choice as they part of the deal. I will get rid of them ASAP.
I went to my LFS last night and purchased 1 Bicolor Blenny (he is soooo cute) and 1 Yellow Watchman Goby. They get along so well and they actually share the same cave. I tried to feed them this morning but they were not interested at all.
They both seem healthy and active but do not want to eat....perhaps I have to give them some time to adjust to their new home.
Cheers

blueram

Here is an update of my ta tank...I purchased a Bicolor Blenny and a Yellow Watchman Goby. They are sooooooo cute and both have great personalities. i also added more live rock and I think the aquascape is better now. There are plenty of caves and hiding places for the Fish.
Lots of pics.......

Now some pics of my Blenny...he is soooo cute

A shot of Both....Blenny and Goby

and now the Yellow Watchman Goby....

Take a look at the tank and let me know what you guys think...any constructive criticism is welcome.....
cheers
Daniel

blueram

I forgot to ask you guys how long I should wait to add corals......Anyway...take a look at my tank and fish and let me know what you guys think...
cheers
Daniel

blueram

No comments? Nobody has nothing to say about my tank
.....am not sur what it takes to get people to reply to an add....anyway....

cheers

30-xtra high

looks great :joy:
the blenny's a female, males backhalfs are a brighter yellow.
if you have a protein skimmer i'd wait until the tank's about 6 months, and if you don't have a protein skimmer... then wait until you get one.

blueram

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
looks great :joy:
the blenny's a female, males backhalfs are a brighter yellow.
if you have a protein skimmer i'd wait until the tank's about 6 months, and if you don't have a protein skimmer... then wait until you get one.

Hi 30-xtra high
Im not sure I understand what you tried to tell me.......can you be a little more specific? Im not sure what you are refering too

Cheers

nctarheels

Originally Posted by blueram
29 gallon (30"X12"18")
Coralife Power compact 130watts
D

you will need a better light to successfully keep more than shrooms and some softies. id suggest moving to a 200 watt metal hallide or something of that nature

blueram

Originally Posted by nctarheels
you will need a better light to successfully keep more than shrooms and some softies. id suggest moving to a 200 watt metal hallide or something of that nature

LOL....I do not think that I need better lighting for mushrooms and softies.......am not going to upgrade and am sure it will be fine.
cheers