29g Biocube SPS dominated

Tampa Shane

Hi everyone,

So I've been in the hobby for years but have never been apart of any reef clubs or forums. Everything I've done has been from reading and personal trial and error. Ive been quite lucky with no losses or pest issues or any real problems. Ive decided to break into the growing reef communities in hopes of learning more and hearing opinions from the long time reefers. My tank is a few years old and I'd like some other eyes to take a quick look. Maybe you see something im doing wrong or can offer up some advise if something catches your eye. Tank is standard minus the lights. Im using OceanRevive Arctic T247 lights and only other addition is a HOB skimmer. Lights are at 60% power for blues and 50% whites. Heres a link to a quick video. Any advise or suggestions welcomed. I also dose by hand dailey.
Thanks a lot.

Stephen Sovie

I have a Biocube 29 and had purchased a Coralife protein skimmer, but it was useless. I then purchased a Fluval PS2 Mini Protein skimmer, recommended by my LFS. I've tried everything but I can't get it to fit into my tank's 3rd chamber. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Tampa Shane

Honestly I didn't feel like messing with any mini skimmers as I don't think they are worth the trouble. I have been using a Eshopps 75 HOB skimmer and love it. Been using it about a year now and yet to have a problem with it.