2nd death in a week... HELP!!!!

pruden_sac

Tank is 3 months old, water has been stable for 2 months (Ammonia=0, Nitrates=0, Nitrites=0, Ph=8.1- 8.2 for the last 3 weeks, Kh=12 drops). I'm adding calcium for the LR. See the rest of the tank info below.
My Yellow Tang was one week old when he died (Last Sunday), Now my Naso died, he'd been in the tank since Sunday.
PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!!
The Yellow Tail Damsels were happy as could be until they were sent back to the LFS last week. The Blenny seems happy, and me CBS is lookin good. My one coral looks great, all open with good colors.

galina

Hmm.. I'm not sure what could be causing your fish deaths, but just to know, a 48 g tank is not adequate to house a yellow tang or naso.. just so you know for the future. Maybe someone else could help with what killed them, but I suggest you QT your fish from now on to make sure they'll be all right.
Galina

karlas

i would suggest not getting a tang for your tank either the yellow wouldnt have enough room and the naso wouldve really filled up your tank they get 18". maby take a sample to your lfs and have them test the water and see if they get the same readings

B

bt_1999_66

Pruden,
What's your temp....? Also your PH seems a little low...!

volitan

Pruden_sac, I sorry that your tangs died, but I told you last week that you should not have tangs in your tank (especially a Naso). Obviously you didn't pay attention to what I told you. Hopefully you have learned from this experience, and next time it will not kill two beautiful fish.