2nd fish dead, ICH i hate it

30gal4fish

2 more to go.
i heard about Cupramine to treat the tank while getting the invertebrates out. any ideas on this medicine.
i think it will be easer for me to remove the invertebrates than the fish. also, how long do i need to do this, and after how many days can i put the invertebrates in, without suffering consequences?
thank you
30 gal
i have a clown, yellog tang and flame angel. fire shrimp and banded shrimp

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Don't use copper. You can not use copper in a tank that will at any time house inverts or LR.
Use hyposalinity. Check out the posts in the FAQ Thread on ICH and Hyposalinity. If you have questions afterwards, post back.

E

exile415

i agree with beth, copper isn't a good treatment with invertabres

ags

How old is your tank? What are your tank dimensions?
Sounds to me like, at least, your tank is overstocked. A clown, yellow tang and flame is 1/2 the fish I have in a 90 gallon tank (you stated you have a 30). With the exception of the clown, the tang and flame are ich prone fish and should only be kept in mature tanks.
Also, what kind of feeding schedule do you have, water change regime, and equipment setup. Specifically, do you run a heater 24/7, how often and how much do you feed, and what steps do you take in doing water changes?
And don't use cooper. Natural is always better than adding chemicals.