3 Black tip reef sharks for sale

requiem

Good news I got a black tip reef shark for my aquarium. The only problem was that I had to order 4 of them. So that I could get the discount on them. I plan on keeping 1 of these sharks for my aquarium. But as far as the other 3 go. I am looking for good homes for them. If you or some one you know. Would be interested in one these sharks or all of them. let me know at alligatorkid@aol.com.
Sean Stalter
P.S. I will not sell these sharks or shark to any one that has a aquarium smaller then 64 square feet or (8'X8') foot print.

aw2

The question is...
Why would you buy them when you dont have a tank big enough yourself and then sell the others to some person who doesnt have a big enough tank?

requiem

Well first off My aquarium could easily handle 2 juvenile black tip reef sharks. For a short time.
The other 2 reside in a 800 gallon holding tank. So they are quite content where they currently are. If I was forced to keep all 4 of the sharks. I would simply start building my 12000 gallon sooner with in 1-2 months. So in a way I would not be angry if I had to keep all 4 sharks.
Second of you seem to talk as you have kept these sharks before. I mean the way you said that I was going to sell them to people that could not take care of them. Made me think that you had first hand experience with them. Let me know if you had AW2. OTHER WISE DON’T GIVE ADVICE ON A SUBJECT SECOND HAND. If you look at my earlier post you will see that I said that I would not sell the sharks to any one with a 8X8 foot aquarium or smaller.
I have been keeping sharks for over 15 years and marine aquariums for 20.
I know what is best for these animals and can easily accommodate them in my aquariums.
Sean Stalter

jr2857

requim i'm just wondering what happens if no one buys the sharks for a year we'll say. will u give it to a local aquarium?
AW2 i know you always comment on a lot of people like me but an 8x8 bottom is good for a juvi but not an adult IMO. requim also owns a beautiful 2700 gallon with a bonnethead and AW2 you have never owned sharks and neither have i.

mitzel

Originally Posted by jr2857
AW2 i know you always comment on a lot of people like me but an 8x8 bottom is good for a juvi but not an adult IMO. requim also owns a beautiful 2700 gallon with a bonnethead and AW2 you have never owned sharks and neither have i.

You sure have a lot of oppinions for somebody with no aggressive experiance .

puffer24/7

Originally Posted by mitzel
You sure have a lot of oppinions for somebody with no aggressive experiance .

true dat

aw2

Originally Posted by requiem
Well first off My aquarium could easily handle 2 juvenile black tip reef sharks. For a short time.
The other 2 reside in a 800 gallon holding tank. So they are quite content where they currently are. If I was forced to keep all 4 of the sharks. I would simply start building my 12000 gallon sooner with in 1-2 months. So in a way I would not be angry if I had to keep all 4 sharks.
If you would have stated that, to begin with, it wouldve saved alot of trouble. Not everyone...hell, hardly anyone...can support a 12000gal. display and even then, it's not big enough for BlackTips, let alone 4 of them.
Originally Posted by requiem

Second of you seem to talk as you have kept these sharks before. I mean the way you said that I was going to sell them to people that could not take care of them. Made me think that you had first hand experience with them. Let me know if you had AW2. OTHER WISE DON’T GIVE ADVICE ON A SUBJECT SECOND HAND. If you look at my earlier post you will see that I said that I would not sell the sharks to any one with a 8X8 foot aquarium or smaller.
I have kept sharks before but never BlackTips due to lack of space. However, I do have a few years experiance with all manner of sharks (Black Tips, White Tips, Bonnetheads, Bull Sharks, Sand Bar Sharks, Lemon Sharks, and quite a few others). I'm not speaking from "second hand experiance". I have a mated pair of Banded Cats that are still producing eggs, on a monthly basis, at the Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago. I did see where you said you wouldnt sell to anyone with less than an 8x8 holding area. That's not big enough and that's what I made my judgement from. You're going to get someone that says "Hey! I have an 8x8 area...sell them to me". You may sell to that person but what are you gonna do when they outgrow that area? You're responsible for those animals and to make sure they go to a proper habitat.

jr2857

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
i dont want to but in, but i think that he knows what he is doing aw2, just my 2 cents
same here and i think requim means an 8x8 botton of a tank. (it's feet)

jr2857

requim's most likely gonna ask for pics and proof that the tank is 8x8 and that that person can support the tank. requim has 15 years of shark experience and he's not gonna sell it to some dud who wants to keep sharks

puffer24/7

Originally Posted by jr2857
requim's most likely gonna ask for pics and proof that the tank is 8x8 and that that person can support the tank. requim has 15 years of shark experience and he's not gonna sell it to some dud who wants to keep sharks
i agree, he will be doing some research thats for sure before he gets rid of these sharks, and iam not by no means being mean to aw2 so dont take it that way please

jr2857

i like novice's better but requims second in my opinion. i've never seen moray mike's i heard he has a huge tank with black tips. risc used to have a ton of sharks but got rid of em since he cannot support them. mattej has an 18000 gallon pool and a 35000 gallon lagoon which is real cool too. there's a huge list of tanks and AW2 you're included too. so are you puffer. can you post some new pics but not here since i don't want to interfere with requim.

puffer24/7

i have a neighbor that turned her pool into a saltwater fish tank, its sweet iam gonna go and see if i can take pictures

jr2857

message to everyone
requim's thread here is to sell his sharks not to discuss about sharks. let's not interfere with requim too much ok???

mitzel

The way I see it is a lot of people around here would jump at getting a black tip. Even with little or no first hand knowlage of the actuall commitment it takes for such creatures. Requiem Has an awsome set up and years of experiance. a lot of people around here do . But theres also a bunch that just like to talk alot . I know I'm affraid that one of these sharks might end up in the hands of the later type of person.

jr2857

if mattej is still around or moray mike you can sell the sharks to them. got any pics? i have no intention in buying them but i love to see cool pics of sharks.