3 Black tip reef sharks for sale

madman133

if you get desperate and im not trying to be a jerk and you have probebly already have though of this but im sure a local aquarium would be willing to take them off your hands. Just my $.02

dennycrane

The question is...
When is AW2 going to buy himself a siren and flashing lights?
Look, AW2 - you're very knowledgeable and give a lot of decent advice out to a lot of novices. But your posts have the increasingly distinct smell of arrogance. Relax, man. You've posted, what, 630 times since November? Get a little perspective. I understand you take pride in sorting people's problems in this hobby, and that is commendable, but quit being so militant about it. You know a lot, sure. But respect that others might know what they are doing, too. I can appreciate that it might become a knee jerk reaction (especially in this particular forum) to come to the conclusion that very few people have experience, but that doesn't give you the right to jump in everyone's face about their methods. Your answers often come in the form of certainties based on some hard science - and admirably you never profess to know it all. That's fine. But personally, I think some experimentation is okay in this VERY young and INVENTIVE hobby.
Requiem is trying something non-conventional (keeping blacktips in home aquarium), and for that you should thank him for trying to further this hobby and explore a little. This whole thing is built on the trials and experiments of interested hobbyists - with successes and failures (remember your first octo). You say 12kgal is to small; Requiem thinks it fine. You both have opinions based on experience and science. It sounds like enough to me - his bonnet is thriving in 2700. I can see your rebuttal - happy fish...live in prison cell...duty to the fish. I've heard it, and on the theory you are right, but IMO wrong on the facts. The bottom line is, if he wants to jerk those three out and slap them on a bun with some tartar sause - it's his perrogative. His success, however, should speak for itself.
"If you would have stated that, to begin with, it wouldve saved alot of trouble." No trouble till you showed up. Quit policing us. You're taking the fun out of it.
Yo, Requiem - shoot us some photos when you get a minute.

aw2

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
The question is...
When is AW2 going to buy himself a siren and flashing lights?
I already have them. I had a custom made hardhat, with the siren and lights mounted to the top of it.

Originally Posted by DennyCrane

Quit policing us. You're taking the fun out of it.
Fun for who?...the person that sticks 37 fish in a 180gal. tank, because they're small or fun for the fish that ends up diseased, stressed and dying (and no, I'm not specifically meaning Requiem)? If you dont like my advice, then dont take it. It's your decision to do what you want.
I'll just give you a verbal warning this time, but next time it's gonna be a ticket with a requirement to appear in court.

ophiura

I have to ask this - 4 sharks with the discount was cheaper than just buying 1?
Man, that's power shopping
I wish I could get that with clothes or shoes. I'd love to tell the husband that.

moraymike

Originally Posted by jr2857
i like novice's better but requims second in my opinion. i've never seen moray mike's i heard he has a huge tank with black tips. risc used to have a ton of sharks but got rid of em since he cannot support them. mattej has an 18000 gallon pool and a 35000 gallon lagoon which is real cool too. there's a huge list of tanks and AW2 you're included too. so are you puffer. can you post some new pics but not here since i don't want to interfere with requim.
Uh... if you're talking about me... No blacktips here. I keep coral cat sharks. If you aren't talking about me... then never mind

moraymike

Requiem:
Congrats on your new backtip... I'm looking forward to seeing pics!
With respect to all the other stuff...
Req is doing the right thing to find a good home for the sharks, and he's one of the more experienced shark guys on the board. Sorry, but there are too many people that will try to keep blacktips in a 200 gallon tank. Like Req, AW2 has done his homework (if you will). Folks are entitled to their own opinions. I say, if you have 2,000 gallons of water and you want a baby blacktip, go for it. It's not my place to tell you it shouldn't be done. 200 gallons of water, on the other hand

Just my opinion... One of the reasons that this particular form has been so "slow" over the years (it is slow compared to reefs and fish), is cuz the experienced folks get tired of all the silly bickering that goes along with what is the minimum size tank for a fill in the blank here... shark? Fortunately for a lot of you beginners, AW2 is willing to take the time to help you learn. Req has top notch shark experience (the results speak for themselves), so let's not get sucked into all the nonsense. I respect both of these guys, and hope they are here for many years ... Trust me, they both add much valve to the aggressive forum.
For you kids out there, don't pick sides in this stuff. Listen, be respectful and learn... Man, I wish I had resources like these guys when I was 13 and just starting in the hobby.

jr2857

i though you owned all those free swimming sharks like your avatar. that's what i heard of. well i guess not then. not many BIG shark owners around anymore.

mitzel

Moraymike Could you shoot me an email I have some questions to ask you about building larger tank/pond Type things . I'm not really familiar with your set up but have herd it big. And I'm currious as to how to build a larger set up to house cat sharks . Mainly just the pro's and con's of building materials ,and filtration setups. Don't worry I won't spam up you email.
michaelmitzel@comcast.net
Also If you wouldn't mind too REQUIEM . As I said before I have a great deal of respect for your experiances.
Originally Posted by ophiura
I have to ask this - 4 sharks with the discount was cheaper than just buying 1?
Man, that's power shopping
I wish I could get that with clothes or shoes. I'd love to tell the husband that.

I wonder if SAMS CLUB or COSCO has thought of getting in to the live fish market . They could squeeze in a few tanks between the 2000 count diapers and the 50 pound bags of chettos. :hilarious YOu know right across the isle from the lawn tractors and parachutes.
As it is I can't go in there unless I have my tax returns Let alone if they started stocking aquatics

aw2

I think Matt (MattieJ) ran into this same problem almost a year ago. He picked up some Black Tips and it was cheaper to buy 3 instead of just the one he wanted because of the air freight costs.
I've spoken to Requiem via email and apologized if I came off a little harsh in my previous posts. They werent meant to be directed at him, per say, but ended up sounding like it.
I just dont want these other Black Tips to find their way into the hands of some younger, inexperianced person who will, as MorayMike said...put them in 200gal. tanks.

titan

Aw don't you have a 48x30x30=187GL tank with multiple large fish? And skimmerless? You were saying you do 30GL weekly water changes? I enjoy your knowledge of species behavior as I have asked questions in which you've responded to,but I can see as Denny mentioned how some people could take your advise.I for one do not get offended by blunt advise,and see your concern for the well being of these sharks.Speaking of young people,you were born in 1980

unleashed

Originally Posted by jr2857
i like novice's better but requims second in my opinion. i've never seen moray mike's i heard he has a huge tank with black tips. risc used to have a ton of sharks but got rid of em since he cannot support them. mattej has an 18000 gallon pool and a 35000 gallon lagoon which is real cool too. there's a huge list of tanks and AW2 you're included too. so are you puffer. can you post some new pics but not here since i don't want to interfere with requim.
well I was just at AW2's house 2 weeks ago and I can attest that he does have the most beautiful dragon eel.I have never seen one up close in life before this .what AW has is nothing compared to so shedds aquarium btw I have never been theer personally ,but he does have very nice tanks and very healthy looking fish and eels.as no one in this hobby knows everything even the experts dont know everything I will say AW has proved himself to me (not as if he needed to)to know alot about what hes doing.as for this question
(quote)ophiura I have to ask this - 4 sharks with the discount was cheaper than just buying 1?
I had the ask myself that very same question 2 i could understand but not 4.I really do you wish you luck requiem in finding them good suitable homes.and unless you travel and make sure they get proper homes suitable for this species adultlife I dont forsee this happening.the phrases should have , would have ,could have.seams to come to mind right now.I do wish them the best of luck

37g joe

Originally Posted by Titan
Aw don't you have a 48x30x30=187GL tank with multiple large fish? And skimmerless? You were saying you do 30GL weekly water changes? I enjoy your knowledge of species behavior as I have asked questions in which you've responded to,but I can see as Denny mentioned how some people could take your advise.I for one do not get offended by blunt advise,and see your concern for the well being of these sharks.Speaking of young people,you were born in 1980

titan so if he was born in 1980. dude all aw is doing is having concern. I dont know anything about sharks and not sure what the right awnser is but after reading evering one elses post to me aw was giving advice and a few people started jumping on his back and like real sharks others tasted the blood in the water and decided to join in the attack thats my 2 cents. boooooyaaaaaa

aw2

Actually, it's 48x30x31 which comes out to be 193.25 gallons. In addition to that, I have a 60gal. sump and 30gal. fuge incorporated and no, I dont run it skimmerless...in fact, it was ran with an MRC-MR2. I dont know where you got those ideas. And yes...as one time I was doing 20 - 30 gal water changes per week.
Born in 1980, yes. Also did a 5 years stint as Navy Spec. Forces, and got a Bachelors by the time I was 20. Young, yes...but not inexperianced.

aw2

Actually, it's 48x30x31 which comes out to be 193.25 gallons. In addition to that, I have a 60gal. sump and 30gal. fuge incorporated and no, I dont run it skimmerless...in fact, it was ran with an MRC-MR2. I dont know where you got those ideas. And yes...as one time I was doing 20 - 30 gal water changes per week.
Born in 1980, yes. Also did a 5 years stint as Navy Spec. Forces, and got a Bachelors by the time I was 20. Young, yes...but not inexperianced.

nm reef

Originally Posted by MorayMike
Requiem:
Congrats on your new backtip... I'm looking forward to seeing pics!
With respect to all the other stuff...
Req is doing the right thing to find a good home for the sharks, and he's one of the more experienced shark guys on the board. Sorry, but there are too many people that will try to keep blacktips in a 200 gallon tank. Like Req, AW2 has done his homework (if you will). Folks are entitled to their own opinions. I say, if you have 2,000 gallons of water and you want a baby blacktip, go for it. It's not my place to tell you it shouldn't be done. 200 gallons of water, on the other hand

Just my opinion... One of the reasons that this particular form has been so "slow" over the years (it is slow compared to reefs and fish), is cuz the experienced folks get tired of all the silly bickering that goes along with what is the minimum size tank for a fill in the blank here... shark? Fortunately for a lot of you beginners, AW2 is willing to take the time to help you learn. Req has top notch shark experience (the results speak for themselves), so let's not get sucked into all the nonsense. I respect both of these guys, and hope they are here for many years ... Trust me, they both add much valve to the aggressive forum.
For you kids out there, don't pick sides in this stuff. Listen, be respectful and learn... Man, I wish I had resources like these guys when I was 13 and just starting in the hobby.
Extremely well put....moraymike is a well respected member and has knowledge as well as experience...other members invoved in this thread do too....sadly the discussion that reflects the experience and knowledge has been seriously tainted by the pranks/antics....down right rudeness of some others that really can't support or justify their arguments.
Its a waste to flame and/or bash folks.....in the end it results in a closed thread that could have had some merit.......please refrain from personal comments and/or attacks on individual members.