3 clownfish died

word

I have had 3 new clownfish die on me. My water quality is fine. They apeared to have sunken in faces and then i found each one of them on the bottom of the tank. They all didn't die at the same time. I kept going and getting another one after 1 would die, but now im concerned about getting anymore at all. What could it be?

trainfever

What else do you have in the tank? There could be something stressing your clownfish. I had a Domino damsel that would harass everything in my tank and causing them to die on me, so he went back to the LFS.

trainfever

How long were they in the tank before they died? How did you acclimate them? How long did you acclimate them?

sheracr123

Did you buy all them from the same place? Maybe the LFS got in a "bad" shipment. I know there is some kind of poisoning fish can get depending on how they are caught.

word

No, I didnt get them at the same pet store. I bought two of them - 1 and 1 - another lfs. One fish lasted about a month and really looked healthy. The other two died in about 3-4 days. I really didnt acclimate them very well, but my concern is that one lasted a month, even got territorial, but yet all three had the sunken in face look before dying.