3 days and counting

robbie2

OK.. I have live rock and live sand in my 46 gallon bow tank...
I have all the filters running and the water looks really clear!Its been running for 3 days now..
I checked th PH.. its at 7.8..
I did not check anything else yet..
When do I check the the other levels?
Should I scrub any debris off the live rock or is that
good bacteria... I noticed the a couple of snails come off the LR..
When can I start adding my fish damsels?
Thanks..

radcast2

I have read many times that during the cycling dont do water changes. Wait till ALL your levels have done there spike and are back to 0.
I have 55g and it has been in the cycling process now for 2 1/2 weeks now. I have 2 ocellaris clownfish just waiting to get out of my Q tank and hit there new home.

goldrush

Welcome to the board. What are you using to cycle? Don't add anything alive until it's complete. Keep checking Ammonia,Nitrites,and Nitrate. Read,Read,Read,and go very slow,it will be worth it.

robbie2

I'm using live rock and live sand to cycle..
I'm reading as much as I can, but I find there
really is not any consistant methods to the craziness:)
I read, but then I find another way of doing something and I just get more confused.. I wish there was a bible of how to "start your salt water aquarium" Anyway, the help on this site has been tremendous.. thanks again for all the help!

dattong

just let everything going on it's own for about 3-4 weeks then you can do all the tests that you want. (do not add any live stock yet). IMO, test for anything during the cycle period just a waste of time and money. I set up minne and forget about it for 3 weeks.