3 questions

1. Is there any advantage to having wild fish as compared to aquacultured fish?
2. If I buy a mated pair of false percula's and add them to my tank that has 2 false percula's in it already will they become aggresive toward each other?
3. if i bought a green carpet anemone would it be detrimental to any of the fishes health? i have a blue hippo tang, a yellow tank, and some others?

sickboy

1. No, there is a disadvantage. Aquacultured fish are better suited to be in a tank as that is all they know.
2. I will pass on answering this one
3. Shouldn't matter if it is in the 220 listed on your profile.

D

dennis210

1. No advantage to having wild caught fish over aquacultured ones. As a matter of fact I would think aquacultured to be better than wild as they are bred for in tank use.
2. The pecking order of 4 false perc's will be established, but the infighting while this is going on might be a bit much. They will eventually sort things out on their own.
3. The green carpet anemone will only be detrimental to the fish it eats. If you go putting your hand or a net into the tank and fish start flying around to get away, they might end up getting stuck. Most fish will avoid the anemone. Darwinism at it's best!