30 Gal Stocklist Help Please?

fretfreak13

Been away from SWF for a bit, hm? Looks like I'm in need of a serious avatar change..>>' So, this is for the construction of my thrid tank since starting with the hobby in August. =)
Mainly driving this tank for the health and happiness of a dwarf lion. Anything that would bother one is out of the question. It's a 30 long and is cycling in my room as I type. =) Only has a large HOB filter with a sponge and carbon/chemipure in it for flow and filtration. Trust me, it's enough flow. o_O
How does this sound to you guys?
-1 Dwarf Lion (Either a fuzzy or a Zebra)
-1 Coral Beauty
-1 McCocksers Flasher Wrasse
- And lastly I'm torn between a frogfish and a hawkfish. I like the hawkfish (Either falco or long-nose) because they're always at my LFSs and I wont have to order one, but I like the frogfish because of the colors and all around...oddness. I don't know much about them though, could anyone sway my choice with some beginners info on the frogfish?
Does that list sound ok, or too many fish? Any co-existance issues? Thanks ahead of time.

mfoley

Cranberry will certainly be the final word here, but I think that he'll agree with me that a hawkfish may be a better choice if you're relatively new to the hobby simply because they are much hardier. When I worked at an LFS, we had more than one customer report difficulty enticing their frogfish to eat.

meowzer

Originally Posted by mfoley
http:///forum/post/3247351
Cranberry will certainly be the final word here, but I think that he'll agree with me that a hawkfish may be a better choice if you're relatively new to the hobby simply because they are much hardier. When I worked at an LFS, we had more than one customer report difficulty enticing their frogfish to eat.
Cranberry is a she

fretfreak13

xD Yep, defiently a she. But her husband knows his stuff too. Thats what I was mainly worried about, getting them to eat I mean. I know there was someone selling their frogfish locally, I think I'll contact them to see if they're still available and what he was feeding them and where he got it. I remember he mentioned it, but I had never heard of the food. o_O
No issues with the other tankmates though?

mfoley

Sorry, Cranberry. When I have no idea of the gender, I always refer to the masculine form.

And no, as long as the angel and wrasse aren't tiny, I don't see an issue.

fretfreak13

Well thats good. I should be getting some more rock very soon and then in go the shrimp and off goes the REAL cycle. I was just seeding it with some LR from the mantis tank before, but its so boring looking...lol

chrisnif

Welcome back sweetie, I'm on my way back as well. One thing you might consider (I think anyway) is a snowflake eel. I don't think it'll bug you lion one bit and they are neet (I had one before, and might get one again). Long nose hawk is on my short list for my current tank too :)