$300+ v.s. $30.00 R/O or TWF?????

What type of R/O you use for your reef aquarium. As my research concerning $30.00 R/O such as Aquarium Pharm TWF and $300+ Kent R/O system and other similars. I was told that both are good and it all depends on how many tank(s) aquarist have verus for ecomony reason. If aquarist have just one tank and $30.00 r/o would be suggested and other aquarist who have multiple tanks and $300+ r/o would be suggested.
So I wanna to know what kind of r/o majority on this Saltwaterfish forum use.
Another thing.... I just recently learned that someone said add buffer before r/o then mix salt. I wonder how can it be done if using Aquarium Pharm TWF connect to sink facquet via to container to be mix with salt before put in tank. I would like some aequate information on how to maintain ph of 8.1-8.3 range with new water/salt mix.
(No wonder why I had hard time to maintain ph to desired range as it kept drop back to 7.8-8.0 range even it is purfied water/fresh salt!)
Thanks

biggdriver

Had one of those "little" filters and they sucked ..Put it this way "You get what you pay for" Just bought a kent max24 RO/DI for 179.00
This will be money saved in the long run. The other one was a waste of money and time trying to get it to run through at the right speed. Good units will also take alot more of the junk out.Up to 99%. I doubt if that little one even comes close..

fshhub

you can't ( i don't think) add buffer before r/o, besides, you want to add buffer to correct something that the r/o does, so adding it at that point would be senseless IMO
HTH