30g Coming Around

slice

Dan posting pics?!? Wow...
Everything looks great! Its shaping up to be a sweet little tank!
Thanks for posting!

mrdc

I told you I would but it takes me awhile!
Yeah, the 30g went from almost being sold to becoming a keeper. I am constantly tinkering around with it. I just got an led refugium light to see if it works better than the single underwater bulb I am using. Most of the frags in that tank were given to me which helped a lot with the cost.

mrdc

Thanks. I was told it was galaxea but the heads on it are bigger than what I am used to seeing.

mrdc

Yeah I need to add my udated pics along with some information on the modifications I have made to the tank itself.

tirtza

Gosh, what a beautiful tank! Is that a BioCube?? I really like how you placed the rocks. Did you place them up against the back or leave space between the back wall and the rocks? The only reason I ask, is because I sometimes wonder if I should have placed my rocks close up against the back wall, so I'm really interested in knowing what you did.

mrdc

It is a biocube and the rock does not touch the back but there is also not much rock back there either.

tirtza

I have a BioCube as well, and after seeing yours I'm really inspired! Do you have the HQI lighting or the one with the two 36 w. bulbs? If you don't mind me asking, what made you almost give up on it?

mrdc

Its a 150 hqi. I was getting frustrated with green hair algae that I just couldn't seem to get under control. I added a fluval 205 and beefed up the clean up crew and the tank finally cleared up. Now I am happy that I stuck with it. Check out Spanko's biocube too. He is the one that inspired me.

tirtza

Spanko is one of my go-to-guys for advice....he should really write a book! I'm sure his expertise has prevented many tanks from crashing! I don't think I've ever seen pics of his BioCube though...