311 and Matis Yahu! touring this summer!

Cant wait! I try to see 311 every year when they come around. always a good show. I love outdoor summer concerts! Touring with Matis Yahu and a band to be announced. I go to promowest pavillion in Columbus Oh and it is an awesome venue with a great view of the stage from anywhere.
8/2/2007!

pontius

I'm more of a "grunge"/classic rock type guy, but I saw 311 and Sugar Ray play together about 10 years ago. I thought they both put on very good shows even though I think Sugar Ray's music is rather awfull. the bass player from 311 is one of the best and most underrated bassists out there. after the show, I met the rapper from 311 (SA or something like that?), he was a very nice guy and I got his autograph on the ticket stub. I also gave him my autograph as I convinced him that I was just as big a star as him.

i like that you gave him your autograph. I went to my first 311 show about 12 yrs ago and it was easy to meet them after the show then because of the smaller venue.
and your right pnut is a hell of a bass player. I think sexton, the drummer, is great also.
I like that you can give a band credit for a good live show even if your not a fan of their music.

pontius

yeah, at the time that I saw them both play, Sugar Ray's song "I just want to fly" or whatever it's called was their current hit. my friends that I went with liked Sugar Ray and played me some of their older stuff which was considerably better and heavier than the pop-type stuff that they release as singles. I remember one song that was called something like "Big Black Woman" or something like that. but yeah, both bands were very energetic and put on lively shows.

One thing I love most about 311 shows is the people are very laidback. I have never had a problem with anyone at a 311 show. Very positive vibe.
Pontious who are some of your favorites? My fav is obviously 311.

pontius

my favorites are pretty much the usual suspects like Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, the Pixies, Frank Black, Dinosaur Jr, REM, and the oldies like Zep, Skynyrd, ACDC, Aerosmith, etc.
I was into 311 and Korn back in the day. I have 311's first 4 albums and the home video enlarged to show details. I was into Korn's first album until I realized that they kind of sucked after that.
and I like some thrash metal like old school Metallica, Anthrax, and Pantera.
and I also like blues like SRV, Hendrix, Gatemouth Brown, etc.
I pretty much like anything that has guitar in it.
oh, and I also love Cash, Willie Nelson, Dwight Yoakam, Randy Travis, Allan Jackson, Lyle Lovett, etc. you know, *real* country, no the fake stuff that they pass of as country nowadays.

Very diverse, I respect that.
are you into rage against the macahine at all. they are awesome live! I saw them when they toured with wu tang. they blew wu tang out of the water (suprise). Wu was taking breaks every 10 minutes and they were 2hrs late to start anyways! when rage came out they played their set non stop and tp the point! probably one of the best shows I have ever seen. However the crowd not so docile, but very very fun!

pontius

I had Rage's first 2 albums and was actually into them before they ever were famous. I like the music and think Morello is a very interesting guitarist. I just get turned off by the politics of it. Morello's guitar solo on Audioslave's "Doesn't Remind Me" is one of the best solos I've heard in a while.