!4 g Biocube - Pic Diary! (:

cocoacf

Can anyone tell me why my water is so cloudy? The ls and water was added 2 days ago... I thought it was clear untill I went to an LFS and saw a 29 g biocube crystal clear!

Also, does anyone know what the red stuff is on my last picture :) ?

dustyboy316

The sand can take awhile to settle. Give it a few days (3 or 4) before you start trying to figure it out.
I heard sand can take a week to settle sometimes, but for me it took less than 24 hours, so I dunno.

cocoacf

Ok. I've got the filter running, but my turbo is off. Is that good for letting the sand settle?
Still curious what the red stuff on the last picture is?

cocoacf

I took some water to get it tested today. They told me everything was good, and I could go ahead and get some clownfish. I didn't just yet, but I did pick up the CUC.
I figure I'll trust the LFS until they mess me over. Then I'll be frequenting another LFS!

How long have you had the tank cycling? i would wait at least a week more before I add anything other than the cuc. (and by cycling, I mean how long has it been set up)

vishnuborg

add a bacterial supplement, and by the way, the cloudiness is probably the partially dissolved salt particles in the water, mixed with the few packing impurities.

cocoacf

Hey guys, It has been awhile.. just an update.
I got two clown fish a couple weeks ago ( one from two different LFS's ). They are pairing around and seem to like each other pretty well. They are both doing very well
I am having a hard time thinking of name though! :(
I've also got a CUC with a fire shrimp, which just left his first molt in my biocube yesterday :)
As for corals, I've been adding new LPS a bit. Right now I've got an torch with green tips, xenia ( which is splitting ), and finally a torch with longer tentacles and white tips.
I'll update with pics later.
Everything is doing well.

jerth6932

Just my opinion, and not here to burst bubbles, but you are moving a bit fast for a small tank like that. If you say you got it for Cmas, and it is the 15th of Jan, that would give you only 3 weeks, hardly enough time to build any benificial bacteria..... especially for the bio load you are looking at! I would really cool your heals right now, or you could be looling at some dead money. Not tryin to flame ya, but I am worried you might be a bit ahead of your tanks bioload! I would for sure wait at least a month prior to addin anything else, if not trin to find a temp home for a couple of critters.

cocoacf

Really? Everything seems to being doing great and healthy.. I thought that after a diatom bloom and the cycle was completed you're good to go..?

jerth6932

Originally Posted by Cocoacf
http:///forum/post/2914191
Really? Everything seems to being doing great and healthy.. I thought that after a diatom bloom and the cycle was completed you're good to go..?
You are good to add yes, but in moderation! You have to stay behind your benificial bacteria! If you get too ahead of it, you are looking at a disaster. Just cool it for a while, give it time to do its magic!
Remember the oceans were not built in a day.... nor will our mini oceans! This is a patience hobby!