4 month old tank need some help with fish

sthlts

I'm new wanted to bounce a few questions off of the knowledge of everyone here. I have a 150 tank with 275-300 lbs of LR and 150 LBS of live sand the tank is up and running well. There are 2 clowns 6 damsels a few brittle starts a 100+ clean up crew and a snowflake eel. The lighting is 3 250 MH 4 96W a 30 gallon sump and a few other things. I have a 65 gallon tank that I am setting up for the eel I am going to take out 40-50 LBS of rock to set up the 65.
1: my first question is how many fish can I keep with the Snowflake eel in the 65 and what kind would be the best?
My next question is the the 150 is having alot of plant growth building up what fish would be good to eat this alge or plant growth? or is there a better way to get it under control.

rebelprettyboy

Hmm I bet some tangs would pic around those plants.. Maybe a fox face.. IDK?
Just keep it and let it grow out and buy 10000 sea horses

mboswell1982

so youve added more rock? cause u started with 200lbs of it, and are you sure ur tank is 4 months old? u didnt start cycling til first of october, that'd only make it 2 months old

not tryin to be a jerk, just givin ya a hard time

culp

my Sailfin tang eats any thing he thinks that even looks some thing like a plant.

mboswell1982

with a 150g tank, get you anice sailfin, they are absolutely gorgeous, and would do great in that tank, maybe get u a nice dwarf angel, a lawnmower blenny, like lkg said, i like the bicolor's as well, they've got a ton of personality, maybe get a small school, 5-7, green chromis, and so on an so forth, if ur goin for a peaceful community tank

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2863786
with a 150g tank, get you anice sailfin, they are absolutely gorgeous, and would do great in that tank, maybe get u a nice dwarf angel, a lawnmower blenny, like lkg said, i like the bicolor's as well, they've got a ton of personality, maybe get a small school, 5-7, green chromis, and so on an so forth, if ur goin for a peaceful community tank
I don't know if the bicolors are suppose to have more personality than the lawnmowers but my lawnmower was hilarious.

mboswell1982

ill have to get some pics of the baby bi color they have this one place i go to, he's frigginhilarious, he'll go along pickin on the rocks an stuff, an as soon as he notices someone lookin at him, an he's just a baby too LOL-less than 2" long-he darts to this lil snail shell thats his home an hides in it, his head pokin up outta it, starin at you

chasar

The above fish mentioned would do the trick for helping clean up the growth. You may want to cut back on how long you have your lights on. More light = more growth.

rotarymagic

personally I'll never own another blenny after that one terrible bicolor experience that made 2 of my fish jump!

rotarymagic

I had 2 ocellaris, a sixline, and bicolor (added last) in a 20long. All was fine for 2 weeks then bicolor and sixline started fighting really bad... before I could take the bicolor back... I saw the sixline on the floor... a few days went fine and all seemed fine.. then I noticed the bicolor chasing both clowns all over the tank and attacking them really bad... "ok so i'll take the bicolor back now..." woke up one clown jumped and was on the floor...
keep in mind on my 20long theres only a ~1/2inch-3/4inch gap between the glass lid and the back wall...
bicolor goes to a different LFS from where he was purchased.. traded in for rainfords goby. They tossed him in with a flame angel that had lived in a 29gallon for months by itself just fine.. 2 days later flame angel is found on floor all bit up.. I go in and they're like "man that bicolor was mean, etc. etc." "oh yeah? that's crazy..sorry to hear that" LOL..

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2863996
I had 2 ocellaris, a sixline, and bicolor (added last) in a 20long. All was fine for 2 weeks then bicolor and sixline started fighting really bad... before I could take the bicolor back... I saw the sixline on the floor... a few days went fine and all seemed fine.. then I noticed the bicolor chasing both clowns all over the tank and attacking them really bad... "ok so i'll take the bicolor back now..." woke up one clown jumped and was on the floor...
keep in mind on my 20long theres only a ~1/2inch-3/4inch gap between the glass lid and the back wall...
bicolor goes to a different LFS from where he was purchased.. traded in for rainfords goby. They tossed him in with a flame angel that had lived in a 29gallon for months by itself just fine.. 2 days later flame angel is found on floor all bit up.. I go in and they're like "man that bicolor was mean, etc. etc." "oh yeah? that's crazy..sorry to hear that" LOL..

LOL....how big was that bicolor? I wonder if he would have done better in a bigger tank?

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by LKGRenegade22
http:///forum/post/2863998
LOL....how big was that bicolor? I wonder if he would have done better in a bigger tank?
maybe with a TON of territory lol.. 3inches.
he probably needed to go in a 75 gallon to be housed with any peaceful fish..
he would have been a great friend of a blue devil damsel for sure..