4 new coral pics........

mep

i have got to get a better digital camera
whats sad is my wife is a photogragher she has 35 to medium format but i don't use it out of fear of breaking somthing
i don't touch her equip. she leaves my tank alone
your pictures are perfect ,do you enhance in any type of progam? is your camera a mega pixal? what kind of lens are you using? macro lens - filters?
details are insane

ryebread

Originally posted by MEP
do you enhance in any type of progam? is your camera a mega pixal? what kind of lens are you using? macro lens - filters?
details are insane

I use Adobe Photoshop for some minor adjustments......dust removal, over/underexposure, etc..
The camera is a 6.3 megapixel Digital SLR and yes I use some Macro lenses. To be honest......you can get some great macro shots with average consumer grade digitals too though.

ryebread

Originally posted by saltcreep
Awesome once again...... Is Alveopora hard to care for? I have not seen that one yet

Alveopora is considered to be the easier cousin of the Goniopora. I've had mine for just over six months and I've seen some decent growth in that time.

mayo

ryebread. . .are you the master of this salt water aquarium world ?
would you mind talking to me a while. . .i just got into the hobby, and you seem like the GURU.
could we talk on IM or messenger or email, or we could just post here i guess. . . .
don't want to clutter up the board with my newbie questions, but I could really use some advise.

ryebread

Originally posted by Mayo
ryebread. . .are you the master of this salt water aquarium world ?

Umm.........nope, not even close.
Originally posted by Mayo

could we talk on IM or messenger or email, or we could just post here i guess. . . .
don't want to clutter up the board with my newbie questions, but I could really use some advise.

Umm........no. :D That is exactly what the board is for.
I would say that I'm starting to finally feel a little bit more advanced in that I'm able to make better decisions in the hobby than I used to.......other than that........I'm still a newbie. Just because someone posts some decent pictures doesn't mean that they have all the answers.
I can try to help with anything I can........some things I just don't know about though.....I'm still learning. I learned almost everything I know about the hobby today by posting newbie questions all over the board and researching. The "search" key will become your best friend in no time. :yes:
If you have anything that you specifically want to ask me.......ask on the board. If you don't feel comfortable for some reason, email me at ryan_detzel@hotmail.com

mr. tuna

Wow!!! that frogspawn is really beautiful, also the other are.
I went to many LFS and i could not find a frogspawn in that reddish color. Most of the times they are either brown or a little tint of a greenish color.