4 nice new 250 halide setups (ARO, XM, kit)

mkengr45

I have 4 brand new retro kits for 250w metal halides. Everything is new and still in the box. The kit comes with ARO electronic ballast
http://hellolights.com/aroelba.html
mogul socket with parabolic relfector (new),
http://www.hellolights.com/pare.html
http://hellolights.com/mhmosowmobr.html
and XM bulb. I have 1 20k and 3 10k 250w XM bulbs.
http://hellolights.com/250wxm10000k.html
$135 for each complete system. I am in San Antonio but will ship. Like I said all this stuff is brand new in the box.

mkengr45

I can send pics if anybody wants. They are exactly what is shown in the links I posted. I prefer to sell them complete but I will seperate them if someone just needs a ballast or bulb etc...... This is pretty cheap considering it is all brand spankin new. post here or you can email me at randy_si@hotmail.com
Thanks all
Randy

jakebtc

i live in iowa... i was just talkin about 8 watts a gal in another thread. thats what i'd get with this lol
if i got this i could dump my 175 to my lil bro for his 30 gallon

mkengr45

Originally Posted by Fisherman2
Hey im interested in two of them, would you do them for 275 shipped to 29206?

probably so, just let me check and see how much the shipping is. i dont think shipping will be mush more than 15-20, and if that is the case I will be glad to do it. Let me check it out and i will shoot you an email or post here.

mkengr45

Originally Posted by sunny
Hi Randy,
I just sent you an email. Thank.
-Melissa-
Melissa I got your email, I have my camera at the office because this week we had a fire in a laboratory and i have been taking pictures of the damage for insurance stuff. As for you keeping corals under this light, you should be fine to keep pretty much anything. You can do SPS, LPS, clams, and any softie you like. Metal halide lighting is far more intense than any VHO, T5, PC, or any other reef lighting for that matter. When I first started doing this reef stuff a long time ago, I wasted alot of time and money playing with power compact (PC) lighting, VHO, and more recently T5, but once you go with metal halides you will not be dissapointed and you will never go back. You dont have to take my word for it, just do a little looking around and the results speak for themselves. Look at anybody that is successfully keeping SPS or clams, and you should notice they all have metal halides. I will try and get some pics to you. They are the exact thing shown in the links I put up, because I got them from that place. All of it is still in the original box and never been installed or used at all

mkengr45

emails sent back to most of you. For those that are unfamiliar with retro-fit lighting, this is basically something that you simply connect the wires to the bulb socket and bolt the fixture inside your canopy. If you already have a canopy on your tank that is big enough to hold the reflector then this should be a simple task. I think last one I did took about 25 miniutes for me to unpack it, wire it up, and screw it into my canopy, so dont think you have to be a handy-man to do this. feel free to email me if you have any questions at all.
Thanks everyone...
Randy

teen

ill pay 275 for 2 of em if there still available. shipped to 11951, i can go higher if shipping is that much. let me know, thx

sunny

Do we need a canopy? We have a 72 gallon bow front, 48 inches wide, with a glass cover. Is there a way to set it up without a canopy? Can we suspend it or prop/ancher them?

jakebtc

you could make a make shift canopy like
_______
I....^....I
NNNNNN
NNNNNN
N= your tank
I= 2 side boards
-= top board
^= halide
could leave front and back open but for they eyes u probably would want at least 3 sided
"back left open"

mkengr45

here are pics of the actual items as requested..... Those that are interested let me know soon because I would prefer to get this wrapped up, and ship these things out this weekend because i typically dont have much time during the week with my job.
email me at randy.mcdonnell@swri.org
I can do paypal
Randy