40 breeder setup pictures

newtoit

I jus set up a 40 gallon breeder tank note the custom stand I built but still need to finish the door on

bessycerka

That's a cool stand, I like the wood pattern/design. The 40 breeder is a nice sized tank, low profile and wider front to back than a 55. Good luck with it.

newtoit

took me 2 days and about 40 bux to build it I used maple hard wood flooring for the design with a 2X4 and plywood skeleton

fishygurl

I probably wouldnt get a tang in there. Think about a yellow wrasse, blackcap basslet, Firfefish, flame angel, etc etc

newtoit

I actually took a piece of quarter inch plywood and cut it to fit between the plactic rails and painted that black

fishygurl

Originally Posted by newtoit
thinking of building a rack system in my tank but not yo sure on how to hide it any ideas
What do you mean about a rack system?

fishygurl

instead of having an eggcrate showing underneath the rocks, you could build one yourself, although you would need a big flat piece, but you could hand select one from a LFS, buy it (with their outrageos prices) and then buy the rest of the LR online.

newtoit

taken this morning

as you can see my sand is starting to discolor and is beginning it's ugly stage dang I cannot wait for that to finish so I can stoke it lol (very impatiant) lol

newtoit

well fishygurl if you look at the one cave I have you can see I found one flat piece and that huge roock (10 pounds) I got them both at my LFS for $3.99/lb

newtoit

I Like it too and the fact that when I start adding corals the top will be covered is a real plus thanx for your help on this issue any other info you would like to share I am all ears ( no really they call me dumbo)