40b tank suggestions plz

coachklm

alrighty then............
everything I had in my 40b got transfered to my 270g. so I need good Ideas of what to use my 40b for..(besides target practice)
it is already established with rock and sand and a 20g sump/refugium (as it is full of LR at the moment).so any ideas? Id like to keep the equipment that is on it currently.
2x96w pc
remora pro mag7
so ...
aggressive?
softies?
seahorse and pipefish?
shrimp/gobie tank?
anything original come to mind let me know... thanks...

mcbdz

Originally Posted by coachKLM
http:///forum/post/2450565
alrighty then............
everything I had in my 40b got transfered to my 270g. so I need good Ideas of what to use my 40b for..(besides target practice)
it is already established with rock and sand and a 20g sump/refugium (as it is full of LR at the moment).so any ideas? Id like to keep the equipment that is on it currently.
2x96w pc
remora pro mag7
so ...
aggressive?
softies?
seahorse and pipefish?
shrimp/gobie tank?
anything original come to mind let me know... thanks...

Mostly it's what you like and how much time you want to spend. What about a softy/lps reef with about 4-5 small community fish
Clowns, firefish, royal gramma,gobie/ sm wrasse, etc.

Seahorses are fun but lots of work. Research and see if you want to do this. They require pristine whater, spieses tank, feeding 2x daily and close observation for different diseases. Mine have been great.
The possibilities are many.))

coachklm

Originally Posted by mcbdz
http:///forum/post/2451513
Mostly it's what you like and how much time you want to spend. What about a softy/lps reef with about 4-5 small community fish
Clowns, firefish, royal gramma,gobie/ sm wrasse, etc.

Seahorses are fun but lots of work. Research and see if you want to do this. They require pristine whater, spieses tank, feeding 2x daily and close observation for different diseases. Mine have been great.
The possibilities are many.))
my 270g is a softie community tank (for now) and seahorses do seem like a lot of work.... what about pipefish?.....anyone have opinions or experience?.....
octos are a no go.... not with my 3 year old...
but good suggetion because I didnt even think of that....