44 Gallon Pentagon soon to be reef tank!

navy_guy

A work in progress. Just bought a 24" aqua light and will be making a new hood for it this weekend. Need a couple of power heads and will upgrade my horrible protien skimmer. Let me know what you think? Always open to new ideas.

jerryatrick

Very nice Navy Guy. To answer your questions asked in my thread, I have 3 power heads. 2 Koralia #1s and a Koralia #2. I also run a bio wheel filter which has carbon inside bi-monthly.
That light that you are running should allow you to keep almost anything. I would just suggest to keep clams and anemones midway up or higher.

navy_guy

Thanx for the feed back!!! Looking at getting a Toadstool, Richordia, and some more colorful zoos. Do you have any suggestions?

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by Navy_Guy
http:///forum/post/3069802
Thanx for the feed back!!! Looking at getting a Toadstool, Richordia, and some more colorful zoos. Do you have any suggestions?

Try to find an ORA green or pink tipped toadstool. I have a huge brown toadstool which is nice but not very colorful. As for zoas, for the colorful ones you could spend up to $50 per polyp. Just try to get an assortment of colors. The best advice I can give you is to focus more on a variety of colors rather than specific corals. Green is the most common color so try to limit your green coral purchases.