45 gal

i want to get a 45 gallon tank with 1 small niger triggerfish 1 small porcupine puffer and sum sort of pebble tooth eel. I am going to get about 45-55 pounds of live rock. for circulation and filtration i am going to have 2-3 power heads a protien skimmer and a hang on overflow into a 25 gal sump.
do you think this setup will work?
what kind of pebble tooth eel do you think i should get?
reid

harlequin

It will work for a short while but I know Niger triggers from personal experience get way bigger than a 45 can handle especially with LR. Pretty sure porky puffer will outgrow it quickly and the eel depending on which kind prolly wont outgrow it but will be cramped at full size and will move that rock around pretty easily.

harlequinnut

Any one of those fish that you listed will get too large for the 45g unless you plan on upsizing your tank in the near future, and I do mean the very near future. HTH

armageddon

As stated above your desired setup wont work for too long. The only thing that will work out of the three species in a 45 is a snowflake eel. The niger and porky will get huge. My niger does not grow very fast, he has only grown a bit in 8 months.

justchillin

i would say for those fish you should get a 120 (you could probable get away with a 90 if you have VERY good filtration...