46gallon to 155 gallon

chris23

I said the h@ll with it and exchanged my 46 bow front with a 155 gallon bow. The set up cost around 1400.00 but I think it will pay off in the long run. I will post pics as soon as I figure what kind of set up I want. Thanks

jumpfrog

That's a great upgrade! Please post pics when you get them. Which way are your going? Reef, FOWLR. I have a 72 bow and it's my reef. I love the way they look. The only down size for me has been lighting. That bowed top has limited my choices some. With your tank size you shouldn't have that problem though.
Good Luck!

offshore80

Wow, That's great! I just finished plumbing my 175 BF and it came out great. I know water changes are gonna suck so I plumbed a line out to my garage sink so I can dump water from the tank and pump new water back to save from hauling it. My 46 BF is still kicking too. The only draw back is the cost of live rock... Shesh! I'm going to start with 100 lbs then work into more as my wallet heals from all this damage. My pumps, filter and plumbing were 1000. Right now I just have plastic fish hanging with fishing line in there. I hope by November I'll be cycled and ready for fish.
Good luck and thanks for keeping us updated.

chris23

My wallet is feeling the hurt right now also. I won't be able to get everything set up for a month or so. I love this hobby very much and it is killing me to have all the stuff with no fish!!!!! I plan to get a 46 bow front for my bedroom someday. I will keep you guys posted on my progress.