48' Odyssea Metal Helide Fixture

bluering09

Does anyone has it? Is it a smart buy or not if I want to put it on top of a 150g Tank and I want to keep every type of coral in it?
Thank you!

joncat24

you will hear alot of negatives, but I have two of them running right now and LOVE em. I switched the bulbs out for the phoenix 14k bulbs and I get great color and growth....more money for corals the way I see it.

bmkj02

Its a gamble. Mix reviews. More bad than good. I have a CF fixture and the only problem was that it ran hot and would mess up my wiring. Have to add some fans to run it cooler. I was one of the lucky ones that didnt have any real issues but like I said its a gamble.

bluering09

Let me get this straight,
They are too hot
They cause fires
That sounds really bad, but I cant help to ignore the price difference if you were to compare them to other lighting fixtures.............I can choose to spend $189.99 for the Odyssea or $669.99 for Aqualight.

meowzer

Originally Posted by bluering09
http:///forum/post/3043293
Let me get this straight,
They are too hot
They cause fires
That sounds really bad, but I cant help to ignore the price difference if you were to compare them to other lighting fixtures.............I can choose to spend $189.99 for the Odyssea or $669.99 for Aqualight.

Depends on how much you value your life or your home if it catches fire and kills you or destroys your home