4hr split with PICS

steelgluer

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2572444
very cool shots. do you have one complete after the split?
Mike
Here yo go forgot to add it b4. Funny thig is I just took 3 bta clones of them to a lfs and I now have 4 again. Things are like rabbits. If anyone is interested in 1 im going to have 2 to go as soon as these heal up.

steelgluer

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2572484
very nice. what type is it a LTA?
Bta only time it ever bubbled is when I got it and for some reason after they split then its back to old mr long arms.
you realize that not all splits are good right?
Yep, Had 10 clones so far didnt lose one all healthY so far.

michaeltx

10 in 2 and 1/2 years yeah that seems like a lot to me. have you had any large changes in the tank before the spilts or are the almost like clock work and on a schedule of sorts like every 2-3 months it splits.
Have you had any water issues come up before each split?
It may just be that everything is set right and giving the anemone optimal parameters for it to split. usually the split is because of stress and a fight or flight type of responce to a threat.
Mike

steelgluer

MichaelTX;2572532 said:
10 in 2 and 1/2 years yeah that seems like a lot to me. have you had any large changes in the tank before the spilts or are the almost like clock work and on a schedule of sorts like every 2-3 months it splits. Like clock work no changes in tank
Have you had any water issues come up before each split? None at all
It may just be that everything is set right and giving the anemone optimal parameters for it to split. usually the split is because of stress and a fight or flight type of responce to a threat.

michaeltx

I would say if you water and lighting is good then its just a perfect condition thing congrats on all the babies. do you sell them to the LFS or other hobbiest.
Mike

steelgluer

The last 3 went to a LFS. He sold them 1hr after I left the store. 1 went to a guy in NJ he still has it. 2 went to freinds. Other four are in my tank now. So 2 will need a home as soon as they heal up. I like keeping 2 seems my maroons like having 2 they go back and forth from them the female sleeps in one and the male in the other. It keeps the peace.
I must admit these eat better than most people they get shrimp,scallop,clam,muscles,squid, all pureed up. I make my own cubs. I feed them twice a week and they really chow down. The clams/muscles you need to take the inside out or your skimmer goes crazy.

steelgluer

Originally Posted by vincent6396
http:///forum/post/2572891
How much you looking for? Will you ship? Zip is 19145,Philly.
to philly would be 25 shipping included. Got to wait about a week for them to heal up and eat b4 i send them. Just pm me ill keep you first.

steelgluer

MichaelTX
Heres one, I wokup to see the new anenomes bout look what I found. This never happened a third and it looks to split again maybe a fourth. The number 3 with ?mark looks to be splitting again. That is the instagater of all this. If you look in pic 2 you can see it where it looks to be splitting again. Anyone ever have this happen?

michaeltx

I would run the full battery of tests to see if there is anything off I have never seen one split that many times at once!
Mike