5.5 Gal

debbie

Finally I have pictures of my 5.5 gal with the new T5's light fixture.
Hey Nissan, what do you think....

debbie

Thanks for the kind words, yes i love the firefish. Very neat fish, so pretty and not overly active either.
Just to list a few things i have in this tank:
Everything is from my 3 gal. There are 4 kinds of zoas, GSP, Orange Florida Ric, Purple Florida Ric, Cabbage Leather frag, Anthelia.
1 pom pom crab, 1 porcelain crab, 2 sexy shrimp, 1 snail, 1 cowrie, 1 hermit crab, 1 purple firefish.
Lights are nova extreme T5`s 2x 18 watt (love them) Filter, is an aqua clear mini.
I keep things really simple.

nissan577

i love it!!!!
the zoas come out much more and the rics look amazing!!!!
im glad you and i have this fixture!!!!

debbie

Hello, if you are talking about the green ones, the guy I bought them from called them Limony Snickets and the other ones below it I have no idea. They are very sad as they have been under pc lights and their color is gone I hope it comes back, but they have green skirts, with a peach center. Their color is coming back more now with the new lights so i will post them again later on to see what color they become.
I also have some red ones the same size as the green ones that I just love, they have been unhappy with me as they came to me with a horrible sponge on them. I took and scrubbed the frag and the new light have done the trick and the sponge is gone so now the polyps are opening up here is a pic below of what they look like if anyone can identify these for me that would be great.
Not the best pic but they are so small and just starting to open up.
I should also say that the green ones and these red ones are identical is size and everything just different colors.

debbie

Oh I have nothing but time.....

My hope is that they will someday cover that whole rock they are leaned up against, and the same for the green ones will cover the rock they are on too.
Thanks

debbie

Everything is going just fine thanks. The zoas are really staring to grow and look great. The light is great, love it except for having to clean the glass more often. The first frag of zoas that I first got a few years back is starting to color up nicely as well.
So all in all I am very happy with the tank....

How is yours coming along, any new pictures??

socalnano24

Debbie,
looks very nice, we have good taste in firefish, (I've got the same one in my 5.5 pico). Is that a live snail that you can see in your first pictures? or is it just a shell?

debbie

Thanks for the comments....

If you are talking about the second pic, there is a real live algae eating cowrie white shell inbetween the two zoas. Is this the one you mean??

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3245687
Debbie,
looks very nice, we have good taste in firefish, (I've got the same one in my 5.5 pico). Is that a live snail that you can see in your first pictures? or is it just a shell?

socalnano24

cowrie snail, thats exactly what I was thinking. I've seen these in southern california diving. Are they a normal aquarium snail? They're really cool!

debbie

We have them all the time here in our stores along with your normal turbos and other snails. I like them as I find they are long lived, they are great snails and neat to look at too. They don't eat corals but I know there are some that do so you have to make sure you don't get those ones.
Their shells are beautiful they are an ivory color very glossy with a light brown ring on them. They also have skin they can fold over their shell I would guess that would be for protection.
I much prefer them over the normal snails we get in this hobby.