$5.50 , was I robbed?

mr_bill

Picked this up at my LFS which has always been real fair to me. Wife says I was robbed and that this is not worth $5.50. I count 2 orange/red and the rest are green/yellow zoos, little chunk of rock is about 2" long.

oceana

nope sound good. if you liek the polyps they they are worth what ever you think they are.
when i frag our zoanthids some people are willing to pay big bucks for some of them. others would thinl they are nuts. its all up to the value the buyer places on them.

mr_bill

GREAT!!
I'll show her this thread when I get home today from work. I think the reason she says this is because once I put it in the tank it just not very noticeable, I mean I wedged it in those rocks and if I don't point it out it just doesn't catch your eye yet. I told her to just wait and see how it looks once the collony spreads.
I'm still very new to the whole coral thing. I move very slow only adding something new every few months.
Thanks for the comments

gilligan50

Agreed man anything in this hobby for $5.50 is going to be a good deal. But a coral frag, especially a multiple polyp coral frag is a great deal. Showing her this thread could be a curse though, she might realize how expensive the hobby really is

mr_bill

I love my LFS they really have been one of my best teachers in this hobby besides SWF.com of course. I notice they don't have a website, wonder if I built one for them if they'd trade me goodies. :thinking:

pasafire

Originally Posted by Mr_Bill
Picked this up at my LFS which has always been real fair to me. Wife says I was robbed and that this is not worth $5.50. I count 2 orange/red and the rest are green/yellow zoos, little chunk of rock is about 2" long.

I wish I could find something like that here for 5.50.....

funkyman

Sweet aquisition. I hope they take off for you. A frag of "anything" for $5 is great, let alone some nice zoos.

hagfish

Even if someone literally robbed me of $5.50 I wouldn't really be upset about it.
Looks like a good deal to me, what else can you expect for that price? Look's like about 50 cents per polyp and the colors aren't too bad. So what's the problem? Besides, you'll have double that in a month or two if your tank is in good shape.

T

tizzo

When that thing takes off and your fraggin' it at 10 bucks a pop, THEN ask your wife if she still thinks you got ripped off. Those are pretty colors, you will get your money back in no time. But besides all that, I hate polyps and I think I woulda even bought them at 5 bucks!!
I woulda had to buy them just cause of the good deal, then maybe even traded for something I did like.
5 bucks... Awesome!

bronco300

indeed, even if it was a rip, which im not saying it is...but its only $5, which once it does start to spread you will be able to trade or sell of and make that $5 no problem
My LFS usually carry frags for 15 or so...I get nice sized colonies(100+polyps) online though for around $20...but then you have shipping..so it just depends on what you want to pay...you'll get your moneys worth once it spreads though..your wife will be more than pleased after you see the rocks covered in them!

mr_bill

I guess I just wanted a second opinion. I was at the counter with the shop owner and he just offered me a small frag with these two colors on it for 5.50. When I got home with my little plastic bag and floated it in the tank, my wife walks over and says "whats that thing?" I explained it was a zoanthid(spelling) collony and that they are very pretty in big groups. Of course she asked me how much and then rattled off the "what a rip off" part.
I can't wait to show her this thread.... :jumping: