5 G Fluval evo- help

sbethschmitt

I started a 5 gallon evo in Feb. Cycled through with a bunch of live rock and sand- put in a pair of bumblebee snails, a couple soft corals and 2 tiny hermits. Waited- added more coral, bigger hermit, pompom crab and feather duster. Next time, more clean-up. Finally got a rainford's goby and 3 other fish. Now know it was far too many fish for my tiny tank- the clean-up crew was incredibly effective! Feather duster has popped it's crown at one point- grown back now, but has since shrunk. Had a flame scallop- made it about 3 weeks. Goby is still very happy- pompom has disappeared, although she had quite a few egg sacs. Added more coral, 3 sexy shrimp, and an aptasia and tried tiny clowns- the clowns didn't make it. When I had more fish I feel like the goby was happier- didn't spend so much time hiding etc- but nothing makes it. Coral, shrimp, snails and hermits are very happy. Also weird things keep growing and I am totally fine with that. Can anyone think of any fish I could add?
Just saw pompom for the first time in a week!!! Yay!!!

Attachments

lmforbis

In a 5 gallon you are way over stocked. NOt just fish but inverts too. One tiny fish max in a tank that size. The goby is perfect. Tank is Way too small for a clown even by itself.

And get the aptasia out they are pests that will quickly over take your tank. They can sting the fish and other corals.

sbethschmitt

So I should just let it be? So hard to do.....
Thanks for the feedback- the store was awfully excited to get rid of the aptasia- I had no idea (newbie). I think I will leave him and just let everything be. I am seriously excited to see pompom again.

lmforbis

They sold you an aptasia. That is just plain unethical. Don't let the aptasia be. It will destroy your tank before you know it. I'd look for another fish store as well. Yours is giving you very bad advise.