500 gal reef converted to 850gal reef

shawnts106

i love looking at this thread
LOL, meeee tooooo!! I love looking at Tank pictures anyway... so this is like ... just great! LOL

vibe

hey steve, someone just posted that my ten gallon looks like a "mini-me" of your tank. i cant wiat to add the corals! very very very nice setup as always. very clean. how do you keep it so clean? and btw how do you place new corals? scuba dive?

upyurzbudy

hey steve your tank is crazzzzzzzzzy
but i was just wondering is that LS and if it is what is the name of it also what kind of LR do u use thanks
kevin :D

melissa1

we were so excited about our 60 gal. tank and after looking at yours we have a nano tank!!
Very Nice.
you grow oysters filled with pearls in order to afford that tank dont you

whaa...?

i would give u a bazillion dollars if a fish walked up to u and said i hate that tank.....cause it rules!!!!! but then again it shows me how bad my 55 gallon is i envy u so much
to add on if something died in ur tank would it dissappear before you could find it and also can u swim in that and and adn last question for awhile do u have ur own ecosystem or u still have to feed em

krux

i don't know about swimming in it, but during the setup, he was definately inside of it when drilling out the holes for the closed loops.
also, he does feed the tank.
not much gets by steve, i am sure he could find just about anything that expired in there, if it wasn't consumed first.

sisu2u

Wow!! I just saw this for the first time!! Makes Shedd's in Chicago look cheap!

Steve~
you rock!!

tooniami

Dear Steve Weast,
I am a "newbie" who became interested in saltwater tanks and reefs, i am 13 yrs of age and i am a certified scuba diver. that is when i became in terested in oceanic life. i was browsing sites that sell fish and teach people how to care for them when i stumbled upon saltwaterfish and i found this forum. all i wanted to say was your tank brought me to tears knowing that i will never own anything so brilliant.

maeistero

Originally posted by tooniami
Dear Steve Weast,
I am a "newbie" who became interested in saltwater tanks and reefs, i am 13 yrs of age and i am a certified scuba diver. that is when i became in terested in oceanic life. i was browsing sites that sell fish and teach people how to care for them when i stumbled upon saltwaterfish and i found this forum. all i wanted to say was your tank brought me to tears knowing that i will never own anything so brilliant.

i love it everytime this thread gets bumped. it should be a mod thread at the top forever. i know how tooniami feels, i'll never be able to have something like this either. thank god i can look at pics of it though. this is the greatest home setup i've ever been privileged to see.

hopkins6

lovely, i saw your web site, how long did it take all of those acropora to grow that big? how long have you been in the hobby?

steveweast

Thanks all.....I really appreciate it.
hopkins 6.....some of my larger corals have been with me for over four years now.
I'll update the site in the next month or two. I'm working on a new endeavor....a cold water reef. It's a small tank...about a 100 gal....with a temp of about 60F. The challenge is finding the stock that I want. I would like to include this new tank on the site....so, when it's something to look at...I'll update the site.

cowfishrule

coldwater reef? yay, catalina gobies...
actually, if i had the room/resources that you have, my dream would be an 850g slightly higher than yours, and a school of look-downs
yum