54 reef pics

perchpsk

That is a really nice tank! Have you ever considered painting the back of it so you could hide the wires? I painted one of mine white and one black and it made it look much better imo.

xhappyx

very nice tank.... i'm in the process of setting mine up does anyone have pics of they're diy canopy for the corner tanks i can't find any online for reference.

j-spot

Would you mind listing what you have for filtration and water movement. I have been looking into the same tank for a reef but have no idea on how to set it up properly givin the odd shape.

fishieness

Originally Posted by Something'sFishy
What kind f sand starfish would you recommend?
none unless you have a huge tank. most starve to death. I dont think you need one up to 125 gallons.... probably one needs 125 gallons. A sandsifting star in anything less is likely to starve to death.

squidd

54 Corner: 65 sump/fuge in basement, Closed loop with custom O/M Squirt (prototype), 250 DE HQI MH and 130 PC Actinic...Bare Bottom...

Here's an older one when it was a Softie tank...

xhappyx

Squidd said:
54 Corner: 65 sump/fuge in basement, Closed loop with custom O/M Squirt (prototype), 250 DE HQI MH and 130 PC Actinic...Bare Bottom...
awesome tank.... i just setup my 4 corner and am looking to build my canopy for my halides to night loks real good how do u like the om i was looking at getting one of those?

squidd

I think it's a great tool for flow control on a C/L system...Get the Super Squirt with the larger openings... for less restriction...

connor

wow ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gggggggggggooooooooooooooodddddd
:scared:
that tank is SOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! beautiful

squidd

Originally Posted by xhappyx
very nice tank.... i'm in the process of setting mine up does anyone have pics of they're diy canopy for the corner tanks i can't find any online for reference.

gkotlin

Maybe this is just me thinking stupid out loud. I stopped into an LFS the other day and they said that most starfish die due to starvation. I told him that the LFS I got mine from said to feed it once every few weeks. He stated he never heard this in all his years, but has a client that feeds his and they lived for years. So I'm thinking if we're gonna take these neat creatures from the ocean, we need to feed them and give them our best effort at meeting their needs.