55 reef

fastlane13

Hey for x-mas im getting a 55 gallon tank set for reef. Is a reef really hard to maintain? And i was wondering what pods were. Also do you think that 2 black percs, 1 coral beauty, kole tang, the black and white cardinal, diamond goby, and a coral beuty angel would fit?
Thnkz for the help:happy: :happy: :happy:

cooldaddy

take out the cardinal and the kole tang and the rest should be ok. the cardinal is not reef safe all the time and the kole tang is very very difficult to take care of in a 55. I started my 55 reef in july and i spend like 30 min a day on it so yeah its a lot of work with water tests and other things. i would start with live rocks and then do a lot of research on here before adding anything else. Oh yeah and make sure you use sand instead of crushed coral. (I had to switch after 3 months:rolleyes: )

reefer44

cardinals are 100% reefsafe.....the angel beauty is not though so get rid of it and the kole tang....maybe if you want a tang you could try a purple
Brad

nm reef

Lots of possibilitys with a 55...but I think your stock list may need to be reconsidered.Take your time to research the specific needs and traits of each then decide what will work best for you.:thinking:

fishcake

I have a naso tang in a 55 (all by himself)and is happy and healthy. I would imo stay away from a kole in a 55 gallon. I have lost 2 of them in a 55 .If you're going to be putting in multiple fish, just stay away from the tangs they put to huge a strain on the bio-load and more than likely it will come down with ich from stress of water quality and lack of space due to other tank inhabitants Again IMO!