55 to 125

arch scot

i just got a 125gal and need to put it where the 55 gal is what is the best way to do this and make everyone happy
:help:

sepulatian

Originally Posted by arch scot
i just got a 125gal and need to put it where the 55 gal is what is the best way to do this and make everyone happy
:help:
Could you explain more? You need to tear down the 55 and put the 125 in it's place? Ok. The 55 is going to need to be moved while you set up and cycle the new tank. What is in the 55 right now?

arch scot

100 lbs of live rock damsel, percula, long nosed, yellow tang, and a scotter blenny. the 55 needs to be moved, and i really dont have any where to put the fish. i got the tank, stand and canopy for $300. help im in no hurry.

scotts

Well it is hard to say for sure if there is too much weight for your stand or floor. It all depends on your stand and your floor. All that I can tell you is that I have my both tanks in my stand. And these are on a hardwood floor that is on a concrete slab.
You also need to make sure that you have room in your stand and that also you have room for access to your tank.
Not sure if this helps or not.

monalisa

I just made a move similar, not as big though 37 to 46gal, but it needed to go into the same spot. A bit different from setting a new, additional tank up. Get your ducks in a row...first and foremost, plan, plan and then plan for things that might go awry...then plan some more.
Here's a link to the thread that I have, step by step, emotion by emotion... hope it helps.
Lisa :happyfish
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/248731/call-me-exited-but