55gal. new setup?

jpardi

I'm getting a new tank tonight, Im buying a 55 gal. tall, I currently have a 29 gal. running for a little over a year. Now, how much LS and LR should I have in a 55 gal. tall?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by JPardi
I'm getting a new tank tonight, Im buying a 55 gal. tall, I currently have a 29 gal. running for a little over a year. Now, how much LS and LR should I have in a 55 gal. tall?
Did you already order the 55 tall? Taller tanks are not so great for SW. Most fish need the horizontal swimming room. If you already got it then about 2-3 inches of sand and about 70lbs of rock stacked high.

jpardi

I got the tank I couldn't pass up the deal, $50 for the stand,tank, and canopy. I currently have 40 lbs. of LS and 40 lbs. of LR in the 29 gal.
Thanks for the response.
Jason

sepulatian

I got the tank I couldn't pass up the deal, $50 for the stand,tank, and canopy. I currently have 40 lbs. of LS and 40 lbs. of LR in the 29 gal.
Thanks for the response.
Jason
You could do some cool things with that tank. What are the dimentions? I am thinking tall as in tall. My sister had a 55 that was taller by a little (than my standard 55) and was deeper from front to back, that I always thought would be great for a reef.

sepulatian

the tank's size is 36"w X 15"d X 24" tall
Okay, that is a nice tank. You can do a lot with that.