6 line wrasse/Fairy wrasse compatability

55galgill

Anyone every have these two put together? ive had my fairy wrasse now for like a year and pretty much a model citizen. i saw a beautiful 6 line wrasse at my local lfs that had so many colors on it, looked like a rainbow. any guidance would help me decide this matter i dont want them to fight.
TIA
Gill

ophiura

You know, I've wondered this myself having a sixline and wanting something else. I am assuming you have a 55g
? I dunno. Depends on the attitude. I think my sixline, which flares at its own reflection in the glass, wouldn't take too kindly to another similar sized wrasse.

jacklax

Good question...I've been looking into the same thing. I think the six-line may be a little too aggresive...what I've read states that they don't take kindly to other wrasses...the fairy shouldn't be the issue.

55galgill

yup ophiura i have a 55, yea my fairy wrasse does the same thing. but you know i do it too before i head out on saturday night to go out for a drink lol he's probably checking himself out ***) i just wonder if someone on this site has had multiple social wrasses maybe i can trade mine in to some1 on this site lord knows i have a hippo i got to give away to.

jhebi

I have a six wrasse and a fairy wrasse together on a 55gl, they don't pick on each other, and sometimes it seems they swim together.......No problems so far (knock on the wood). IMO sometimes is hard to know what it may happen or not. The reason I have them 2 is because my LFS told me that a six wrasse wouldn't be agressive towards the fairy and vice versa, I guess he was right, and I was luck 2......

55galgill

Originally Posted by jhebi
I have a six wrasse and a fairy wrasse together on a 55gl, they don't pick on each other, and sometimes it seems they swim together.......No problems so far (knock on the wood). IMO sometimes is hard to know what it may happen or not. The reason I have them 2 is because my LFS told me that a six wrasse wouldn't be agressive towards the fairy and vice versa, I guess he was right, and I was luck 2......

jhebi did you add them at the same time?

sleeper

I've heard a lot of stories about six-lines being real jerks. Even one friend of mine who's a total aquarium guru has had problems adding fish after a six-line.
But I think adding them near-last would cause fewer problems.

J

jupoc911

there may be some agression at first but it should die down eventually. I would go with a bigger fairy wrasse such as a scottsot a full grown exquisite.

55galgill

hmmmm looks like i have to wait then :jumping: well in this hobby waiting is a virtue. thanks guy for helping me make up my mind!

jhebi

Originally Posted by 55GalGill
jhebi did you add them at the same time?

The six line was added last....I had the fairy before for couple months, and just added the six last week....Honestly, my fairy is more pick yand he runs the tank, when it's food time my six line just wait behind the rocks and tank for the food while the fairy is always on the front waiting......
Only one time I saw the fairy swimming towards the six, and the six got scared and swam away....It was funny