6 month old 55 gal

mrdc

Nice shot of the CBS! Mine never leaved his cave so a picture is impossible.

natep206

well the lights were about to go out and i feed every other day right before the lights go out so she came out. thanks for the nice comments. this is the first out of like a billion shots of her that is a good one.
thanks
nate

natep206

no i mean 4300 and it only delays like 2 seconds on mine and if i dont want that. then i hold it down half way and the lights above the display on the back of the camera turn on then when i push it althe way down there is no delay it takes it the instant i push it down
hope that helps
nate

sinaloa213

woooooow i love that blue star.
easy to keep? and i like the scallpo. any special needs?over all very nice.

natep206

no not hard at all. the scallop filter feeds and u need around 100lbs of lr for the star. and feed it algaeevery once in awhile
nate

bbb

Originally Posted by NateP206
no i mean 4300 and it only delays like 2 seconds on mine and if i dont want that. then i hold it down half way and the lights above the display on the back of the camera turn on then when i push it althe way down there is no delay it takes it the instant i push it down
hope that helps
nate

Thanks

natep206

i will post a full tank shot later tonight. when i take pictures of my new awsome marbled sea star!
thanks
nate

ophiura

Originally Posted by SiNaLOa213
woooooow i love that blue star.
easy to keep? and i like the scallpo. any special needs?over all very nice.

The blue Linckia star is VERY difficult to keep, requiring a very large tank with at leat 100lbs of LR minimum...and really I think that is not enough for this star. Water parameters must be pristine, esp related to specific gravity at 1.025-1.026. The tank should be a mature reef, at least 6 months old minimum.
NEARLY ALL of these stars will die in 12 to 18 months of starvation in smaller tanks. Yes, they take a good year or more to starve, and show no outward signs of trouble until then.
In addition, acclimation is critical, and many will die within the first month of starvation.
Keeping them with any similar star merely increases competition for limited food. These stars CAN NOT as a general rule be spot fed and must have a large amount of LR. Few will eat algae (or they would survive in many tanks). Rarely do they survive long term in smaller tanks. Ask people if they have kept them 18 months to determine success, but even then, tank to tank may vary. I have written two articles on seastars in the archives forum.
Please please please do lots of research on these stars. They are FAR from "easy" to keep.
Flame scallops also have a poor long term survival record in captivity and DO need special feeding. Google and article by Dr. Rob Toonen on Flame Scallops for background.

reefreak29

yeh my lfs finally stopped selling linkias and flame scallops, if he wasnt able to sell them within a week thay would die, how crule