75 into a 125 change?

tf

I just bought a 125 and am building a wall around the 125. I plan on using a fluvol 404 that is currently running on the 75 I have had for 6 months. The 75 has been running on an undergravel with 3 powerheads, a seaclone skimmer and the 404. This week I just bought a wet/dry and have been running it in the 75 until I can finnish the wall. I have about 25 lbs lr in the 75 that will be moved over. I have 40 lbs ls I just bought that I will add to the 125 with about 80 lbs coral sea arogonite sand as the base. I will move the 404 from the 75 to the 125 as the mech. filter and the wet/dry for the biological and use a large nylon full of the crushed coral to help the cycle. I will still use 2 of the power heads and the seaclone in the 125. I will fill the 125 up half way with new salt, water and add the ls, lr, and skimmer and pull the 404 frome the 75 and run it for a day to mix the water while I leave the unbergravel and the new wet/dry on the 75 then add all the water from the 75 into the 125 and then move the fish in too. Will this work?
TF

mr . salty

Sounds like a good plan....This should work smoothly,with little or no cycle.But you should still test the water every day to be safe...GOOD LUCK,,and keep us updated with your progress...

D

diatom

TF~
Just one note, if you want to have a DSB you are going to be short of sand. You need close to 300 lbs of sand to get a 4" sand bed in a 125. This would be the easiest time to add it all.

D

diatom

Good catch Snow~
The seaclone is defintially underpowered for a tank this size. I have an Aqua Medic Turbo that I like, others will be able to offer you other suggestions.

tf

Thanks yall,
I did get a second skimmer that came with the wet/dry. If I use both will that be enough or should I just invest in the berlin?
If I get the 300 lbs of sand do I still need a lot more live rock? I am about broke already. It seems like I am always just one more thing short.
TF

D

diatom

TF~ depends on what kind of skimmer it is...you'll never go wrong with a really good skimmer.
Once you get the sand you'll have plenty of bio filtration and you can add more cured rock a little bit of a time.