75 stocking ideas

chris0796

well i know i want some type or grouper but all the ones i see seem to get very large so im stuck at this point there is nothing in the tank it just got done cycling with live sand and live rock being the only things in there right now and suggestions????

hive_node

I suggest as a first fish a Snowflake Moray Eel because they are hardy and easy to take care of. If you go for a Lionfish you will want one of the smaller ones since a Violitan will grow far too large for a 75 gallon.
Cheers! Hive_Node

95harley

Look at the Hind's or Hawkfish they look almost like a Miniatus without the size. And for the Lion go with a real nice Radiata.
Trust me I tried my Miniatus and Volitan in a 75 with a Snowflake. Now 1 year later and I'm converting my 240 fresh into salt to give them a nice home.

mattp098

Originally Posted by 95Harley
Look at the Coney's they look almost like a Miniatus without the size. And for the Lion go with a real nice Radiata.
Trust me I tried my Miniatus and Volitan in a 75 with a Snowflake. Now 1 year later and I'm converting my 240 fresh into salt to give them a nice home.
I agree. Radiatas are my favorite lionfish and should be good for your 75 gallon. You could also do smaller tang or a trigger.

chris0796

any suggestions on the smaller tangs??? i decided i dont really want to do a lion dont want to risk being stung what coral and invert safe fish i decided not to do just 2-3 big fish id rather have a peaceful tank like clowns chromis damsels maybe a 6line wrasse

nictavius

Hey man don't worry about being stung. It's not like they just swim up to you and sting you. I have had 3 different lions in 5 years and i have never been stung. As long as you don't try and grab them or something stupid they are not gonna sting you.

jam1e

Originally Posted by Nictavius
Hey man don't worry about being stung. It's not like they just swim up to you and sting you. I have had 3 different lions in 5 years and i have never been stung. As long as you don't try and grab them or something stupid they are not gonna sting you.
agreed .. i'm about to get my second lion and no problems so far .. not even a threat

rudezuk

Check into these fish...I have them, they all seem very peaceful!
Fire Clown
White Cheek tang
Orange Shoulder Tang
Scribble Rabbit fish
Sarassum Trigger
6 line wrasse
green chromis
The fire clown is a bully to smaller fish, But he kind of has his own spot in the tank. Doesnt bother the tangs at all, he actually hangs out with the White Cheek quite a bit.

rudezuk

Originally Posted by chris0796
are all these fish reef safe??? ^^^^^^^

Yes they are

The trigger is the only reef safe trigger out there...from what i hear.
Both of our tanks are reef tanks....I would hate to have a $30 fish eat $100's worth of corals...lol