800 mile move

ken327

Just wondering if anyone has moved a reef across country. Have 50 gallon with button polyps , some mushrooms, star polyps and misc crabs , urchins, dusters, 60 Lbs of live rockand fish. Will they make it or should i sell. Any information would be great. The local LFS really couldnt tell me much no had ever moved one that far. Its a 12 -14 hour car ride.:help: :help:

gilpil

I'll bump this one, I am going to have to move about 3,000 miles in june, but I am sure I am going to give my aquarium to someone for a year.

yosemite sam

I moved from Albuquerque to Los Angeles a little over a year ago, and moved all the contents of my tank. I had really nice LR with lots of zoos and mushroom on them, and they made the move quite well. I just put all the rock in two big tupperware tubs, and filled them with tank water, and sealed them up. They made about the same journey your taking just fine. I also moved all my clams, corals, fish, and a lot of other inverts as well, and had varying degrees of success. I took all my livestock to an LFS in albuquerque that is really good, and the guy helped me pack everything like you would get a shipment from SWF or any other online store. We put everything in big bags with tank water and for the fish, filled the bags with pure o2 instead of air and packed everything in coolers with heat packs. The acros did not ship well, and I lost a few of them, and I lost 2 clams as well, but pretty much everthing else made it. I set the tank up first thing when I got to my new place, and there was really no new cycle at all.