90 G in wall rebuild

jbailey52

Hey Everyone,
I think I did this thread backwards from most. I did not post pictures during my build, but I finished the project and am posting now. I am about 95% complete. I still need to hook up my MRC-1 Skimmer, and waiting on my Phoenix 14000k 250W MHs.
This is a 90G AGA tank with corner overflow.
I have a 20 Gallon Sump/fuge down below.
This tank was in an extra upstairs bedroom... which made me think, why the hell did I EVER think that was a good spot, who wants to just go sit and look at the tank in there? So I moved the tank to my downstairs home office, which backs up to my garage. The garage side houses all the filtration, RO/DI etc.
Let me know if you have any questions.

type="61" src="https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/data/e/ee/eefd88ca_IMG_1695.jpeg

acrylic51

That's what I'm talking about.........
Tear it up!!!!!!
A man not afraid to rip a wall apart for his hobby......Very nice work.....Love the rock work.....I love natural looking stone so I'm a big fan already.....Did you purchase that at Lowes....I had seen some stone veneer kits they started selling there and looks very similar......The dentil molding with the mantle
.......You cheated yourself you should have carved the corner blocks yourself........

Seriously man looks very sweet!!!!!!!

acrylic51

I am curious though.....The door opens towards the tank.....I'm hoping and by the pics the door know would hit just below the wood trim.........

jbailey52

Thank you... The stone is an EP Henry Product.. I am a landscaper, and actually just had it left over at my yard so I used it.....
Yes the door is pretty scary right? When I initially hung the TV about a year ago, I pictured a mad employee, or just me for that matter opening the door to quickly and BAM there goes the tv.... Well I tried all types of hinges that stop the door etc etc.. none of them worked... If you look close you can see a bullnose paver on the ground under the tank. I secured that to the ground (even my floor is pavers from a job) and then attached a door stop to that. So the door cant hit the tank or the TV.
Here is a picture of the bullnose used as the window sill.